HELP! Need a tuner pointer for a 2245

Boogieman

:tears:

I wasn't being carefiul when replacing the bulbs in my 2245 and broke the tuner pointer. The question I have is are the tuner pointers in the 2200 series all the same? There's one on Ebay right now from a 2220 (I think). Will this work? Thanks in advance.

There were several different pointer setups, but I think the plastic peice is the same however. I am sure it would work.

Yes, they are all the same.
You can reattach your broken pointer using the special plastic intended super glue. I think Duro makes it. It comes with a special activator to allow the super glue to bond the plastic.

I've even made a pointer myself from a piece of clear plastic - just to see if it would work. Use a Dremel and be patient.

I've cast cast one from acrylic and I even used clear epoxy for the fun of it once.

I guess the point is, you don't have to buy it (but it's probably easier to do so).

It sounds like I break a lot of pointers, but I don't.

I get a kick out of making parts. It's just the knowledge that it can be done that interests me.

DH

whsh93a said:
Yes, they are all the same.
You can reattach your broken pointer using the special plastic intended super glue. I think Duro makes it. It comes with a special activator to allow the super glue to bond the plastic.

I've even made a pointer myself from a piece of clear plastic - just to see if it would work. Use a Dremel and be patient.

I've cast cast one from acrylic and I even used clear epoxy for the fun of it once.

I guess the point is, you don't have to buy it (but it's probably easier to do so).

It sounds like I break a lot of pointers, but I don't.

I get a kick out of making parts. It's just the knowledge that it can be done that interests me.

DH

Thanks for the QUICK responses. The only problem is it was not a clean break. Plus, the very end of the pointer was chipped. It would never look right if I epoxied it back on. 2200 series receivers frequently show up on the local CL (2215 on there right now). I see if I can track down one for salvage.

Thanks!

alexkerhead said:
There were several different pointer setups, but I think the plastic peice is the same however. I am sure it would work.

Does the pointer assembly come apart? In other words: All I need is the clear plastic pointer, correct?

It looks it would be an alignment nightmare if I have to take the pointer assembly off the tuner cable (or whatever it's called).

alexkerhead said:
Alignment is easy, just tune to a station you know the exact frequency of and place the pointer at that station exactly.

This is the way I have done all of my Marantzii. :)

Check out the nudies thread.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86544

I have a pic of my 2220B in there you can see if that pointer looks like the 2245's.
http://audiokarma.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=28782&stc=1

NOT all marantz pointers are the same whsh93a. :)

Thank you very much for your help. The pointer assembly in your 2220B does not look like a match to what's in my 2245. Is it possible to remove the plastic pointer piece from the black plastic piece that houses it??

Boogieman said:
Thank you very much for your help. The pointer assembly in your 2220B does not look like a match to what's in my 2245. Is it possible to remove the plastic pointer piece from the black plastic piece that houses it??
That is where I am lost, I cannot seem to find a picture of the insides of a 2245, maybe you could post a pic of it?

I do not recommend trying to make one unless you have patience, stick of acrylic, dremel, and a buffing wheel.

You might try glueing it back?

Keep an eye on ebay, folks part out their bad marantz stuff sometimes and there might be a good pointer. Lots cheaper than $23 as well. That guy always charges a premium for parts. I saw the ebay listing.

Hello,

the 2220B pointer assembly looks different cause it is a younger design, but it will fit in the 2245. The dial string is glued to the pointer assy.'s three little hooks. Carefully pull the string off those hooks, using tweezers. Then open the little lamp 'house' and remove the lamp, The lid is secured with some tape on the old assy. On the newer (rectangular) pointer assy the lid snaps on top of the assy.
secure the dial string around the little hooks, adjust the pointer to the correct frequency, if everything looks ok, secure the string with some glue.
Helmut...

The 22xx series pointers came in two styles as far as the lamp housing goes, but the pointer itself was the same. Both styles are interchangeable. The pointers on some of the tuners were longer, AFAIK.

Al

Back
Top Bottom