Help needed, broken Pioneer sa 8800

Whitebear15

Need advice. Any help appreciated.
Bought Pioneer SA 8800 amp from ebay, it arrived yesterday, it played for a hour and it sounded wonderfull.
After a hour I turned it of and on again but when it came back on, there was no sound and the wattage meters are not moving, the speaker relay clicks on but the speakers are dead.
Ive used a marantz 1060 amp and used the preout mains in to test the pioneer, when feeding a preout from the 1060 to mains in on the pioneer the wattage meter moves and a very distorted sound comes from the speakers.
If I use the pre out on the pioneer to mains in on the marantz, I get nothing, the meter doesan't move and the speakers are dead.
The seller has given me a part refund £125 to get the amp repaired localy, just hope it doesant cost a lot more than that.
Perhaps I should have sent the amp back to him, but its in prestine condition, best Ive ever seen.
20180815_161344.jpg

Hi whitebear, I mean the powersupply circuit, as it seems to be affecting both channels on the poweramp that is what I would suspect, your only down the road from me looking at your profile, I'm in Manchester if you want to to have a quick look you could bring it down.

Regards

Chris

Hi whitebear, I mean the powersupply circuit, as it seems to be affecting both channels on the poweramp that is what I would suspect, your only down the road from me looking at your profile, I'm in Manchester if you want to to have a quick look you could bring it down.

Regards

Chris
Hi Chris, That would be great, are you electronics expert? Yes Im only in preston, Where abouts in Manchester are you? Im realy upset that it broke down, The sound was best Id ever heard from a amp.Im going to bed now, knackered. Will be back on here in the morning. Regards Rob

I'm in Sale just off the m60, I do repair, mainly vintage, it's a shame it's stopped working, the perils of buying vintage I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom