Help Needed for this Weird Room Shape

travellersol

Attached is the floor plan of my room. Under the current constraints, this is the best place for me to set up my listening space which is also my bedroom and gym room.

This room is almost squarish except for that weird top right corner, which makes this room smaller and challenging. Would like to hear how should I optimally place those Klipsch KG4s (and in the future might have a pair of JBL L110s), and what should I do for room treatment (moderately).

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG

Last edited:
If the wardrobe is movable I'd put it where the current stereo is. If not and I didn't see chairs, I'd say in front of the window.

How about switch bed and wardrobe positions. Bed tight to wall and bath. And, dressing table in front of window. If sketch is to scale, might be easier to walk around bed, than current position. not sure if wardrobe has doors that need swing clearance. Puts bed more in front of stereo for listening. If bed does not have high headboard, head of bed could be toward room center as option.

Last edited:
If the wardrobe is movable I'd put it where the current stereo is. If not and I didn't see chairs, I'd say in front of the window.
The wardrobe is tall almost to ceiling, it can be moved but it'd be a major operation, but in front of the windows would not be good as it is the only source of sunlight and fresh air-or, do you mean the stereo put in front of the window?

How about switch bed and wardrobe positions. Bed tight to wall and bath. And, dressing table in front of window. If sketch is to scale, might be easier to walk around bed, than current position. not sure if wardrobe has doors that need swing clearance. Puts bed more in front of stereo for listening. If bed does not have high headboard, head of bed could be toward room center as option.
switching bed and wardrobe is possible, but we would not get the amount of fresh air we have for now at night, as we don't use AC. The wardrobe needs some 15" to swing open.

yes the plan is quite to scale.

The Queen bed looks like it isn't the right size. Should be 5' wide x 6'-8". Yours looks a little narrow.

I would put the head of the bed under the window. The rack could go straight up from the center of the bed with the face flush to the adjacent wall. I speaker can go in the corner and the other just to the left of the rack. That creates a nook for the bike behind the rack. This will make the bed the prime listening space as opposed to the bike. I guess it depends on which you spend more time in as to weather that is a sonic improvement.

Get the Isotek Ultimate System set-up disc or something similar. This disc is dedicated entirely to speaker positioning. Why rely on hypotheticals when you can prove to yourself what is better or worse. It made a major difference in SQ in my odd shaped room. But it can be a bit time consuming if a lot of trial and error is needed. You will know when you've got it right.

Back
Top Bottom