Help needed with FISHER 505-T glass scale

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by jd2005, Jun 10, 2017.

1. jd2005

jd2005 New Member

Hi,

I am new to this forum, but not new to vintage restoration :). Hello to all.
    But i have done one of the ultimate mistakes, ... i tried to clean the FISHER 505-T glass scale and... the cleaning material had some solvents inside it and all of the letters and digits got smeared and were just wiped out...this is how it looks like right now....
    Fisher 505-T Scale1-2.jpg

This is how it should look like....
    FISHER 505-T Scale.jpg

I am now trying to restore the scale by printing the sclae graphics on a tarsparnet sticker and sticking it on the glass. How did i do it ? i had photos of the scale and other scales and i have redrawn the scale on top of a sample of the photos and scan of the scale. BTW - i could not find similar fonts as used on the original scale...
    Scale redo1(1).jpg

But in the meantime, I am also alooking for replacement. So I am looking for the glass scale of FISHER 505-T or FISHER 450-T, which are practically the same.

Can anyone help ? - Thanks !

2. N8Nagel

N8Nagel AK Subscriber Subscriber

Have you tried Radio Daze? I tried looking to see if they had your glass but their site isn't working correctly right now (I know they have Pilot 402/602/654 glass as I bought one but nothing shows up when I look for it)

3. larryderouin

larryderouin Do I get Food, Med's, or more gear this Month? Subscriber

You might also include the 250-T or TX, the 175-T, 400-T, or any of the AM/FM receivers of the same size from that era. Let em see if the 175-T glass I have is readable.

If you have glass dimensions, the dimension from the left edge of the glass to the ZERO on the Log scale, and the 100(10) on the log scale to the Right edge, plus the height from the bottom of the lower set of numbers to the top of the upper letters.

I can check the 175-T glass and see if it will work. I also have a 400-T here that is a parts unit. I can take mesurements on that too.

Let me know.

Larry

4. jd2005

jd2005 New Member

hi. thanks @N8Nagel. i checked with Radio Daze. they do not have it. thank you @larryderouin. i will take measurments and post back. thank you for your efforts.

5. jd2005

jd2005 New Member

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  6. jd2005

jd2005 New Member

hello @larryderouin
    Took me some time but here are images of the scale with ruller against it for dimensions.I would appreciate if you could look and see if you have a scale with these dimensions.

The overall glass length is 220mm and its height is 50mm

On this image the exterioir of the ruller touches the "0" and "10" on the left and right extremes. that menas that the printed scale length is : 154mm

The reason that you see numbers on the scale is that that i have reconstructed the scale with a CAD program and printed it on a transparent sticker. and then sticked on the the backside of the scale. it looks awfull and does not work right...

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  7. larryderouin

You wouldn't have a NON-METRIC ruler would you. Metric is like algebra to me. Instant migraine.

In addition to the measurements you have now, I would also need a LEFT EDGE to the ZERO on the log scale.

8. jd2005

jd2005 New Member

No problem ;) . Will do the same with non metric.
    Thanks !

9. jd2005

jd2005 New Member

10. larryderouin

Yeah that'll work. let me see if I have something downstairs in the crap stack.