Help! No more belts from Teac??!

robertv

Extreme newbie here. Just purchased a Teac X1000r, and it's clear that I am going to have to replace the capstan drive belt. I'm attempting to follow the instructions posted in this excellent thread:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/general-info-on-teac-x-1000r-rtr.59729/

However, both in that thread and elsewhere I am seeing repeated warnings to purchase the replacement belt only from Teac. I contacted them and have learned that they've been purchased by Onkyo, and that Teac is "sending" them parts. This doesn't sound promising at all, and even if it doesn't end up being as bad as it sounds, I won't be able to get a belt from them for at least a couple of months.

I'm sure this is old news to many of you on here, so I'm hoping you may have already found an alternative source. I see many, many replacement x1000r belts on eBay, but as I said before, I've been warned that they won't work.

I will appreciate any direction you can offer. I hate to think that I can't work on this thing for two months.

The Marrs Communications belts are correct for the Teac X series decks and are top notch in quality. I had an X-10r come in a while back with a new generic belt and tape path issues, a Marrs belt fixed it.

Some people have experienced spells of customer service issues with Marrs over the years, and the ordering process is a bit clunky, but I've personally never had any problems.

The Marrs Communications belts are correct for the Teac X series decks and are top notch in quality. I had an X-10r come in a while back with a new generic belt and tape path issues, a Marrs belt fixed it.

Some people have experienced spells of customer service issues with Marrs over the years, and the ordering process is a bit clunky, but I've personally never had any problems.
Thanks for this. I ordered the Marrs belt kit today.

Back
Top Bottom