Help Please..No Phono

macdak

I received my sx-850 today from its ebay seller. Even though she assured me all outputs were working, I can't get any sound from either the phono 1 or phono 2 jacks. I'm a little bummed because I asked alot of questions and thought I did my homework. The tape and aux. (CD) work well, and cosmetically it is beautiful shape. The only other issue I have is that I can't get an fm signal much stronger than the 2 on the tuning meter. I don't know if this is a problem because I just have a piece of speaker wire hooked up to the antenna posts? I would appreciate any suggestions or ideas! Thanks!

Hi macdak,
for the tuner, have you compared the performance to another receiver. If it's a bit worth, the tuner needs some alingnment. Thats typical after 30years. If you never have done that yourself, go to a good tech.
To the phono stage: If it doesn`t work on both inputs it does not sound like a dirty switch. Maybe there is really someting broken, mabe in the powersupply of the phono amp. Try to find out if the power phono stage has power. Do you have a service manual?

Even though your signal meter only goes to 2, does the 'stereo' light come on? If it does, it may be just the signal meter volume adjustment. For an antenna, go to Radio Shack to pick up a twin lead diople antenna for less than $5.

Back
Top Bottom