HELP PLEASE - Realistic STA 2000 - Red Stereo Light Not Functioning

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by Juicer, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Juicer

Juicer New Member

Hello All, I am new here but have visited many times and find this to be an excellent site. I hope this post is in the proper location, if not, please contact me informing me where I have to go with this post. I recently picked up a Realistic STA 2000. Looks great and sounds great hooked up to my Dynaco A25s. The only issues it has is the red Stereo indicator light not working. I opened it up to blow it out and clean the pots as well as remover the bulb. Bulb was good and after reading some posts on here I cleaned VR202 and VR203 and BINGO we had lights. Before closing it up I was playing it when I realized MUTE was not functioning, back to the boards and diagram. Seeing you had adjust VR201 for MUTE I went out and cleaned the VR201 as well as the MUTE push button. Really not sure hot to clean those push button contacts - any advise on this would be great on this as maybe this could help me with the MONO / STEREO red light issue??? Bottom line MUTE started working and the red light stopped working :( So, I am here seeking advise and help. I have attached the diagram for the circuit. Gladly would send a couple nice cigars your way for help on this. - Paul

Attached Files:

• 2000.JPG
      2000.JPG
      File size:
      135.4 KB
      Views:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Dneprrider

Dneprrider Active Member

I just picked one of these up myself and it seems to be a very nice sounding receiver. Hopefully this bump will help ellicit a responce to your questoions above. When I get some time I will have a look inside and see if I can come up with some advice too.

3. Juicer

Juicer New Member

It is a great sounding unit - Thanks .... hope to hear from you on this

4. Juicer

Juicer New Member

BUMP ... BUMP .... BUMP ..... :) anyone - anything??

5. Wes_in_VA

Wes_in_VA AK Subscriber Subscriber

I'd message a moderator (use the "report" link under your post) and ask them to move this over the Solid State forum since this is am issue about a receiver and not just a tuner. You'll get more eyes there.
    Good luck!

6. Punker X

Punker X Moderator Moderator Subscriber

Really sounds like all it needs is an alignment.

7. Juicer

Juicer New Member

Thank you Wes. I just ordered the 4 transistors, the IC and the 2 varable resistors that the service manual suggests replacing -

8. 39cross

39cross AK Subscriber Subscriber

This is your best advice.

Replacing components at this point reminds me of putting in a new set of spark plugs when all you need to do is to put some gas in the tank.

9. Juicer

Juicer New Member

Alignment? Isn't a freq generator needed for this? I do not have one or have acess to one - I am hoping that it is a componet. The cost of the parts were under $20. When I get home I am going to put a meter on the VRs and see if they are good - if they are, will replace the transitors and keep my fingers crossed - if that does not work, will replace the IC - if that fails, guessing I will drop back and PUNT -

10. Punker X

Punker X Moderator Moderator Subscriber

Replacing parts will not fix the alignment and will probably make it things worse. It not about what is cheaper, it's about fixing what is broke.

11. Beau Geste

Beau Geste Rione Traiano Subscriber

Welcome, benvenuto , Juicer :)

12. Juicer

Juicer New Member

Thank you !

Beau Geste likes this.
  13. Juicer

Juicer New Member

Thanks for the help - LOL