Help removing broken badge peg from speaker?

Johnny_Law

AK Member
Subscriber
I have a speaker with a badge / logo / emblem peg snapped off and buried in the wood. Is there any way to remove this without causing any damage to the veneer? :eek:

I am thinking I could take small needle nose pliers and grab it - causing only a little damage that'd be hidden by the new badge - but wondering if there is a better way with no or less collateral damage ...

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

N44Wh7E.jpg

Does it go through the cabinet? Maybe you could give it a rap from behind to make it easier to grab

Well I know what speakers they are, I don't see why you need to remove it. Just drill a pin hole right next to it for the new badge.

Your smallest drill bit, quarter inch depth, amd a slightly larger screw to twist in and pull it out. Did this with
JBL 100s, but obviously more real estate to work with. Good luck,

I'd use a nail, the same diameter as the pin, file down the point so it's flat, use it as a punch and drive the shank inside the cabinet.

I think that you're too afraid of collateral damage. If it's plastic, drill the thing out. The hole will wind up a bit bigger, but it's nothing a little glue on the peg of the new badge won't take care or. Silicone sealant would remain pliable and make for easier removal down the road.
If it's metal, a small pair of dykes and a manly grip should do the trick. You'd minimize damage pulling straight up, rather than pry.
OR you could put a bit of doubleback tape on the old badge and put it back, totally damage free.

Back
Top Bottom