1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Help Saving 400-CX SA-100 and 100-R Tuner

Discussion in 'Fisher' started by moondogtn, Oct 10, 2017.

1. moondogtn

moondogtn AK Subscriber Subscriber

Dave, I appreciate the thorough explanation and the pictures for a visual. I looked further after posting questions yesterday and assumed some of what you explained. Still, I wanted to be certain. I was able to get a few items checked off.
    Items 1, 2, and 4 above are complete. 3 is partially done. I was interrupted and had to go to work. I will continue and update soon!

Thank you again for the clarification!

Bill.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. moondogtn

The terminal strip section is complete. I also removed R19, R36(10ohm) from three terminal test point and all associated wiring.
    Not sure if i mentioned it but, I removed R49, R50.

I plan to add 100 ohm screen stability resistors tomorrow.
    Then, maybe, I can get to work on EFB! Any pearls of wisdom are welcome!
    Thanks for getting me through that!

Bill

3. moondogtn

I got the screen stability resistors added. I was able to use existing/leftover wire.

I am now looking at building and adding the EFB, but
    I will need to place another order.

Terminal strips(what is correct nomenclature?) https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...=sGAEpiMZZMvz8LftK4jerkUaD0IcaHDhHpkXpfvzp08=

.47uF cap, 600V(I must have removed this as I know I had it in my previous cart!)

Insulating kit https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Keystone-Electronics/4724?qs=sGAEpiMZZMvIGAkyPb0MlMiVJqkddDiy

I will review what I have once again and see if I need anything else. Apparently, I was not ready to do this. It will get done...eventually.
    Thanks

Bill

Attached Files:

4. dcgillespie

dcgillespie Fisher SA-100 Clone Subscriber

Bill -- Your choice of T-strip is perfect. Also, if you switch to using an STF10NK50Z type Mosfet, you can dispense with the insulating kit since this is type of device is plastic -- you simply use some thermal paste and bolt the sucker right to the chassis, with the plastic case providing all the necessary insulation. With the built in protections this device also has, you can dispense with the 12 volt Zener diode as well.

Dave

5. moondogtn

Dave, I can take whatever route you suggest. I already have the MOSFET (FQPF9N50C) and 12V zener.

But, I could order STF10NK50Z from digikey along with those other few items. I was trying to place one order if possible.

The closest MOSFET match that I can find at mouser is
    https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetai...GAEpiMZZMshyDBzk1/Wi5%2bqLKYs9z/zl0g8DiPvReI=

Let me know what you think. Cost is negligible so either way is fine.
    I am so looking forward to getting this amp finished.

Bill

6. dcgillespie

dcgillespie Fisher SA-100 Clone Subscriber

I don't think that's a plastic device, and so would gain you no ease in construction over what you currently have -- therefore, I'd stick with what you have.

Dave

Please register to disable this ad.

7. moondogtn