Help!! Sx-1280

EchoWars said:
Listing the part and having it are two different things. While anything is possible, I'll believe it when I see it.

I've just got the order confirmation from them and made my payment. I'll keep everyone posted :thmbsp:

crooner said:
I've just got the order confirmation from them and made my payment. I'll keep everyone posted :thmbsp:
That's great crooner. It's nice to know I'm usefull for something :yes:

And if it works out I suggest you guys stock up while they still have 'em.

OK, here's the lowdown, I called acme this morning, they had only one of the chips left in stock as of last friday, so it looks like crooner got it. He said he believes the chip is really just a rebranded chip, and they are trying to find out what it is. Maybe someone should fax him the circuit diagram. he also said they have lots of old stereo parts from the 70s, transistors, etc.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update VintageNut. If that's indeed the last one in stock, I'll pass it on to fellow AK'er e2e4c7c5 since he needs it more than I do.

I hope the unit is not a counterfit. I guess the only way to know would be to install the chip in someone's receiver.

VintageNut, did they appear honest and straightforward to you on the phone?

Fingers crossed!

crooner

the STK modules are the ones commonly marked "Darlington" on them, yes. They have the whole predriver and darlington output stage on a single package. I wonder if they are original 1970s vintage and not the NTE equivalents.

I was looking at the schematic for the Pioneer TX-9500II tuner circa 1977 and it uses a PA1002 chip sans the "A" denomination.

I wonder if it can be used in place of the PA1002A.

Crooner, I would appreciate that very much. I will make it worth your while especially if the part fixes the receiver!!!

I got this Email from ACME and I knew who got the last IC!! :yes:

Good morning, and thank you for your order.

I'm sorry, but we sold out of this discontinued IC over the
weekend, and we do not expect to be able to obtain more of
them in the near future.

Regards,

Glen Goodwin
ACME Enterprises of Orlando
http://www.acme-sales.net
1-800-575-9833
1-407-296-2333

crooner said:
Thanks for the update VintageNut. If that's indeed the last one in stock, I'll pass it on to fellow AK'er e2e4c7c5 since he needs it more than I do.

I hope the unit is not a counterfit. I guess the only way to know would be to install the chip in someone's receiver.

VintageNut, did they appear honest and straightforward to you on the phone?

Fingers crossed!

crooner

I'd very much like to see a picture of the IC once received. Like I said earlier, I do not believe there was ever a second source for these. If it's not an original Pioneer part, the chances of success are slim.

EW: I will post a pic a picture of the IC as soon as I get it. I will check the logo and coding against the one in my SX-1980. I wonder if they ever counterfited this one.

Back
Top Bottom