Help to ID some components - Mac piece?

Across several states?? I had no idea you were so hardcore. Good for you.. That aint my bag anymore! enjoy the hunt sir

Well, in all fairness, we were never in this hobby for the same reasons. Yours, from my observations, were firstly a profit driven motivation and more so a business than a hobby.

I came into it for purely the thrill of owning what I couldn't as a young man while reigniting my love of music. I added to that the enjoyment of restoration and learning about the historical significance of these items which is a bonus and equally satisfying.

Not implying one is better than the other, but I think a business perspective can start to feel like a burden.

Last edited:
Not a burden. Just having a job and 2 kids under 5 leaves little time to go hunting cl, pawn shops, estate sales and auctions looking for this stuff. Also once you amass a hoard you begin to realize a few things:

1- you have more gear and speakers that you can actually hook up and listen to.

2- there is tons and tons of this stuff and most of it is not rare at all.

3- then there is the realization it is much easier to buy this stuff then it is to sell. Not at fire sale prices that is.

4- lastly as we age buying heavy bulky equipment and speakers will make for some difficulties for our loved ones when we pass. I for one want to make that transition for others as easy as possible upon my departure. I will pair down to one system. My funeral is prepaid. And my silver collection is much easier to cash in.

But thats just this mans take. I hope that score gives you years on grins. Go get um.

Back
Top Bottom