Help us choose the Audiokarma Member of the Year, for 2015

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Ladies and Gentlemen, there is one piece of business, from 2015, which remains unfinished. It is (past) time for us to select the Audiokarma Member Of The Year, for 2015.

This member should represent the very best of what AK has grown to become.....it could be a good friend, someone who has helped the membership to a great degree, someone who made you laugh, or just someone who you really feel is an unsung hero. I can't speak for others, but, having been named Member of the Year, in 2005, along side the legendary EchoWars, I have to say that I am touched by this honour. The plaque hangs in my office, where I can see it.

Roster of past Members of the Year:

2003 EchoWars
2004 EchoWars
2005 EchoWars and luvvinvinyl
2006 merrylander
2007 jaymanaa
2008 markthefixer
2009 fotno
2010 Zilch
2011 Fisherdude
2012 JohnVF and Rome
2013 Buglegirl
2014 Mike Gibson

You can cast your vote for the member of your choice as AK Member of the Year, by sending an email to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org, with MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015 as the subject. Please include your AK username, the name of the person for whom you are voting, and, if you like, a few words about why you chose as you did. Any member in good standing may vote. I will tally up the votes, and the person receiving the most votes will be declared the winner. Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. EST, Monday, February 29th, 2016.

Please exclude Admins from the selection process. Any other member, in good standing, including all the Moderation staff, is eligible to win.

Speaking from personal experience, this is a very important part of Audiokarma, and for those so honoured. Please participate in this process. Email me your vote to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org. Thanks.

p.s. A couple of words of clarification, based on conversation from past elections. This process is your vote. Send in the name of the person you feel most deserves this honour, and it will be counted, along with all the others. The person with the most votes will be declared the winner.

Second, PLEASE email your vote. luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org is the address to use, even if you have another one for me.

Thanks, and remember, VOTE EARLY, but just ONCE.

this thread will be linked into by corresponding threads in each forum? IIRC, usually done by those forums' mods?

who rebuilt the site during the update (upgrade?) wardsweb? I think he bears serious consideration.

While I agree with Luther's worthiness, I believe he is an administrator of the site and therefore ineligible.
(Unless I read Message #1 wrong in which case Ernie will be along to straighten me out.)

Oh boy, I'm gonna vote, and yeah, I think staff are ineligible, bummer because they do all the hard work. I wouldn't do any campaigning for anyone either, I seem to remember that turning into a nightmare for poor old Ernie one year.

Done.

Last edited:
Already preparing my acceptance speech ...

<tap tap tap>

Is this thing on??

Please take the time to cast your well thought out vote. More participation offers a more accurate result!
Regards,
Jim

Back
Top Bottom