Help w Heathkit AA-1506 Power Amp

baco99

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hello!
I recently picked up this ridiculously and unapologetically 70s-looking Heathkit amp from the original owner and builder. It's a 60 wpc SS amp, and it sounds *really* good.

I need help finding one of the rear speaker terminal adapters. I have three of the four needed for the rear terminal connections.

Any ideas where I can find these!?? Thanks!

28318104008_a1d8e2148b_b.jpg

41290144585_8913682278_b.jpg

Looks like a Star Wars prop from 1977.

41290176815_744ba2933d_b.jpg

Star Trek prop from 1966. Heathkit were always behind their own time when it came to cosmetics.

Have you compared those adapters to the ones Pioneer used to use?

Star Trek prop from 1966. Heathkit were always behind their own time when it came to cosmetics.

Have you compared those adapters to the ones Pioneer used to use?

The pioneer ones have one lead twisted sideways. The Heathkit ones are both vertical.

Google "Heathkit Modulus" for lots of pictures and original catalog pages. Mine's not set up right now, I'm using a Heathkit AP-1615 because it's smaller. The 2016 is rather large and doesn't fit in a standard rack with shelf.

I use terminal strips like these

https://www.digikey.com/product-det...amp-connectors/BC6-Q308-02/A113129-ND/1136662

they need a little modification, but I've never been able to find the originals.

I use two of those 1506's to power my stacked speakers. Nice unit.

I found this post while searching for speaker plugs for my Heathkit AA-1506 amps. I thought i would update this info. I went to link provided and found that if i measured the spacing between the blades of the ones linked to that they were not quite right. I found the correct spacing with these.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products...4073149?s=N4IgTCBcDaIOoFkwGYCMzkFoByAREAugL5A

They are spaced perfect to go into both slots BUT i had to use a grinder to make each blade narrower and file each blade slightly thinner in order for them to fit.
Each blade was just too a little wide to fit in the plastic slot and slightly to thick to squeeze into the female receptacle.
I did get the to fit and am now using both amps as a mono set up for left and right with Pioneer SA 9500II as a pre-amp.

If anyone does find a line on the correct plugs please let us know.

Back
Top Bottom