Help with a Sony Pre-Esprit Value?

mbernstein

Hi All,

COMPLETELY new to anything like this.

My father recently passed away, and as part of what was left to me, I inherited a Sony Pre Esprit system.
I remember listening to it in our house as a kid growing up, and I always knew he loved it. I figure its worth a decent amount of money based on its condition and the fact that we have all the glass racks etc (so he said anyhow).

Wondering if anyone can help me get an approx value on what this setup is worth. I am not intending to sell it, but just curious more than anything.

All of them are mounted and secured to the original glass racks, just as the day he got it. (See pics)

If anyone can help me it would be much appreciated, very much feel like a fish out of water here.

That’s some nice gear. Your best bet is to search through eBay for sold listings - but it may be a challenge as that is moderately rare gear.
I bet it’s worth more in Japan!
And welcome to AK - read the rules.

Your Post read too much like a for sale ad, which is not allowed in the Open Forums here,
so I remove pictures and gear specifics.
Recommend you check recent sales on eBay - OR -
pay $25 to become a subscriber and list your gear as an ad in Bartertown.

Not exactly welcoming. Oh well. I’ll search elsewhere for help.

Thanks

If you joined to celebrate your good fortune, you should feel welcome. If you joined to ask a valuation question, then you should feel the way you do.

There is sales history for your gear on ebay. To ask us is not doing your homework.

Last edited:
That is a wonderful system. I have the amp and pre-amp (not lucky enough to have the tuner or cassette yet). They are among my favourite components. My advice to you would be to keep them, but also to recap them as catastrophic failure can result when the caps get old.

Back
Top Bottom