Help with Chromecast Audio

Do you have a link for the download and instructions?

I'm running Windows 7 Premium. Google search turned up several links that say I can't run Google Home natively in Windows 7 and need to run an Android Emulator to then run Google Home.

Thanks!

It’s on my work laptop at the office, I will try and PM it to you in the am. We run Win10, might be why :dunno:

Where in Google home app do you see to select audio sound quality ?
I have searched and see no SQ selection.

This is what I do on an android phone. In the home app press the home symbol bottom left, then press the CCA in the list of devices then press the gear and scroll down to full dynamic range and then turn it on.

Mine get fairly warm, even using the supplied power supplies. Maybe I need to check the on-load voltage of those supplies...

Mine get fairly warm, even using the supplied power supplies. Maybe I need to check the on-load voltage of those supplies...

Warm is one thing, mine is warm compared to the room temp but no where near a fire hazard as he stated. I have handled 3 while they have been in use and being a “tech” guy I should of noticed if they seemed too hot. I guess it depends on the definition of fire hazard.

Warm is one thing, mine is warm compared to the room temp but no where near a fire hazard as he stated

Oh, I agree in the 'not a fire hazard', but they do run noticeably warm, compared to other, similar devices. Admittedly, those aren't in such a tiny package, and may actually run warmer internally, rather than conducting heat to the puck to dissipate...

I guess I was bit surprised it was so very warm because I would not expect a little plastic thing to be that way. I only had it running for like a hour, I would be scared to leave it on all day.
It needs some better heat sinking.

It was just a cheap way for me to try out casting anyway. If I liked it i would defiantly get something better.

Yeah mine is on 24/7 and has been going for about an hour as I putter around the house, it’s not very warm and I have all the ventilation off in the loft. We have all kinds of cool little thermometers at work, I will bring one home tomorrow and see :)

I was going to grab one of those also. We have some small enough to sit on it and they data log, I will probably geek out on it :rolleyes:

My CCA is not even mildly warm to the touch, but I use the Ethernet adapter. My guess is that the wifi radio is causing the heat, and if the signal is weak more heat might be generated.

This might be for another thread , but what do you guys think about DLNA casting as opposed to Wifi?
Is it any better or worse, I got it to work from my tablet to my Oppo 205, but I could only play the one LG tune in the music file.
I haven't figured out how to get more in there yet, so I couldn't really judge the SQ.

Yes, I know, I am a old digitally challenged analog guy.

DLNA casting as opposed to Wifi?

DLNA is a streaming protocol. It can be carried over a network bearer, be that ethernet or WiFi.

It's an equivalent of Chromecast or Airplay.

You need a digital media server, a digital media controller, and a digital media renderer. These can be provided by one or more devices; for instance, BubbleUPnP running on an android device can provide all three functions, playing locally stored media, or it can cast locally stored media to a remote DMR, or it can access a remote DMS, and control that to cast to a remote DMR.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....streaming-devices.796600/page-3#post-11053327

Last edited:
DLNA is a streaming protocol. It can be carried over a network bearer, be that ethernet or WiFi.

It's an equivalent of Chromecast or Airplay.

You need a digital media server, a digital media controller, and a digital media renderer. These can be provided by one or more devices; for instance, BubbleUPnP running on an android device can provide all three functions, playing locally stored media, or it can cast locally stored media to a remote DMR, or it can access a remote DMS, and control that to cast to a remote DMR.

http://audiokarma.org/forums/index....streaming-devices.796600/page-3#post-11053327

Ok thanks, my head is spinning, I think I will just be happy with my BT

Back
Top Bottom