Help with Marantz 2230

Hello all of the Ak world.
I am working on a Marantz 2230. The tape/aux in does not sound right. The voices are low, sounds empty. I think someone has been in messing around with it.
Does anyone have any CLOSE up , clear pictures of the source wiring and the dubbing wiring?
I think I can figure it out with a good photo. Want to make sure the wires are routed correctly.
Thanks in advance.

Oh my goodness, that is sweet.
Do you have one of the wires going to the dubbing pods. I don't know the right term for them, forgive me.
Can't tell you how much I appreciate this. BIG THANKS!!

No I'm working on it. Recap & transistor replacement. I took the pieces out for the pics. Had to take care of you working on the same receiver. I am just glad I could help you out. Good luck w/it and let me know if you need anymore pics. I'll see what I can do.

Big thanks again. It is so refreshing to be connected with outstanding people, like yourself within this great site.
I should be good but I will let you know if anything else is needed.

67dylan, does your unit have a factory power switch or a replacement? If it has a replacement, if the unit is still open, could you send a pic of the wiring. I think I have to replace this one. I have a factory one that makes a zzz noise and the lights flicker for a couple seconds on start up. All of the info I have looked at is confusing.
BTW, your pics helped tremendously. Rerouted a couple wires and now the aux/tape sections sound perfect.

Back
Top Bottom