Help With Original Triad 2.1 Speaker System Crossover & Board

zymaze

I have an original Triad System One (I believe, made in Aspen) that I am trying to rehab. I got the two satellite speaker mid-drivers reformed and thanks to this group figured out how to properly connect them. I thought they were basically two satellite speakers and a bass unit that was pretty much passive. I figured it might be good to look into recapping these since they were made in 3/83. Opened up the bass unit and there was a lot more going on than I would have guessed (see picture). The large duel caps are Sprague 6800uf 100V, big caps for such a small looking system. A lot of gunk on the board too, some of which I cleaned up. Does anyone have or know where I might get or buy a schematic for these speakers?

Attachments

• IMG_0695.JPG
    IMG_0695.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 35
Powered subwoofer unit eh?

If you can't find it on the web and if Triad no longer exists, it's going to be a tall order. But if they play, and you can recap anything that looks dodgy by reading values, you may not need a schematic.

Followed your advice frommerstop didn't know they were still around after all these years! Talked with Brent the Lead Service Technician at
Triad Speakers Inc. who was wildly helpful. Turns out the amp had been upgraded at least once but he gave me the newer schematics that matched my system along with his opinion of possible areas of potential failure to check out.

So many companies won't give you the time of day on a 30+ year old system, clearly Triad Speakers is not one of them.

Hello, late reply, but would you happen to have these schematics and could you please share the as I have the same set, in fact twice, the second being a later model.

Back
Top Bottom