Help with project phono box rs

Alberto86

hi all.

I've been housing as pre amp a project phono box rs for about 1 year now and I was very very happy with it. Now it's 1 month that I noticed that 1 channel (left one) sometime is much more quiet than the other.

What I already did:
Replaced all rca cables: Didn't solve the problem
Switched the cables left right between pre amp and amp: the low volume follow the low left channel of the pre amp.
Changed interconnections cart-tonearm: nothing changed

Then today I was playing music and as a while now the left channel was quite. I took in my hand the pre amp and magically both channels equalized. That lasted for a 30 min and then back to the same. I moved the pre amp again and that solved the problem again.

I suppose it's a connection problem inside the pre amp concerning the INPUT left channel rca cable.

Any suggestion-experience-advice on what to do?

Thanks a lot all in advance.

AB

Possible bad solder connection, dirty connection at the RCA jacks. A pic would help to see the area of concern. Welcome to AK.

Hi

Thanks for the answer.

I opened the pre amp and all the soldering was looking great a part of the outlet of the left channel where the quantity of solder was minimal if compared with the other connections. I de solder it and re solder it back myself.

I'm playing the pre amp since 2 h now and the problem seems to be disappeared.

Thanks for your help!!

AB

Back
Top Bottom