Help with Technics Sl-23 TT

I just got a SL23A yesterday. It runs fine on 33, but slow on 45. Could that be the 45 pitch control that needs to be cleaned?

Well, I sprayed Deoxit on the on/off switch and the 45 pitch control - no help. It still runs fine on 33 but slow on 45. Could it be a bad cap on the board? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Well, I sprayed Deoxit on the on/off switch and the 45 pitch control - no help. It still runs fine on 33 but slow on 45. Could it be a bad cap on the board? Any ideas?

Thanks.

Did you deoxit the trimpots? And adjust them? Oil the motor?

Note most of the trimpots in this old equipment probably weren't the most high-quality items to begin with and sometimes just applying deoxit or similar to them will result in their final death. I've seen a number of threads where people won't even mess with them ... just straight-out replace them. But in my mind it's worth a shot giving them a clean.

Thanks.

Figured it out. I had to take off the circuit board that held the trim pots and adjust them. I didn't realize they were there.

All good now!

Once you take the plunge and clean the trimpots .... you can put the board back on. There are holes through the board to allow you to adjust the speed. I prop the turntable up on a couple old speaker stands to gain access underneath. One of these days I'll make myself that Jim-dandy stand. Actually knowing me it will probably be more of a Red Green turntable stand .... gotta stock up on duct tape 1st.

Back
Top Bottom