Help with Toshiba SA300 Receiver with L/R Balance issue

MyLastWord

This unit I am working on, have some issue with the L/R Balance. Leaving the dial in the middle, both L/R speakers work normal. Turn all the way to the Right, both are louder. All the way to the left, almost no sound. Regards of what inputs I use or which speaker of A/B speaker outputs. I have since, clean detox all trim pot. Replace the Balance Trim pot, swap around the 2 TA7109P ICs without any affect. While at it I also did some recap. I am attaching the circuit diagram.
Where you I check next?

Attachments

• pg12.pdf
    113.9 KB · Views: 6
  • pg13.pdf
    373.7 KB · Views: 3
If you have removed the balance pot. check your wiring. Each side is supposed to operate in opposite directions. Your description would suggest that both sides of the balance pot are going the same way.

I did check before I replace with another (same spec 250K dual) the Balance Trim pot, and it was working (in opposite directions).

I feel like a dummy. Upon returning to work on the receiver, with ICs and few resistors replaced, the problem still persist. Final check, before I give up on this receiver, check the speaker wiring at the back. Sure enough some one has reroute the (problem) left speaker connection to the right. Reroute back the left channel, reveal it has some problem. Now I can work on it properly.

Back
Top Bottom