Help with Yahama receiver

mustube

I have just received a Yamaha stereo system from my parents including the following: AV-34 receiver, K-30 tape deck, GE-30 equalizer, T-32 radio tuner, and a P-30 turntable. My receiver doesn't work all too well. The front channels work alright, but the rear ones don't work at all unless you turn the front channels off and turn the rear ones all the way up, then you can barely hear it, and recently I have lost a lot of bass during playback. I don't really know anything about stereos or receivers, but i'd like to get this thing working like new, and I'm looking for any help or suggestions to get me there. Thanks in advance.

Does this model have a goofy front/ rear balance control like the AVC-50?

Look for a bad fuse in the power supply for the rear amplifier.I believe it uses a single STK chipamp or the amp could be toast.

I cleaned everything out pretty well, and the bass is back but the rear channels still aren't working. All of the fuses (3 that I could find) are good as far as I can tell.

Post a picture of the rear panel. Does it look similar to this? Does it have any jumpers like this?

Attachments

• DSC03150.JPG
    DSC03150.JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 19
Back
Top Bottom