Help with Yamaha receiver bulbs please

blurghy

Audiophool
Hello, I have several vintage yamaha receivers... CR 620, 640, etc... The problem is that the bulbs which illuminate the FM dial are out in every one. Does anyone know what amp bulbs they use? Also, are they in series so that one bulb blown will make them all go out? Thanks, blurghy

The bulbs are the type that just screw out in one half turn and they are the tiny ones that have the long wrap around connection wires.

This must be a normal problem for yamaha.

Any numbers on the lamps?? Can you post any pics of the lamps? From your description, they sound like wedge base lamps. :confused:

No mention of bulbs in the CR-1040 OM.

Radio Shack would likely have a substitute? MCM or Parts Express?

pete

Yamaha lamps seem to be among the hardest to find/substitute for. I live in fear of the original meter lamps in my (purchased-new) CA-610II going out! :)

I have a CR-1020 with no lamps left lighting, but I haven' worked up enough energy to open that behemoth up.

A suggestion: try an old-line Yamaha dealer (i.e., someone who carried & serviced Yamaha hifi in the 1970's) and see if they still have some. The only one I can suggest is Soundscape in Baltimore, MD. No guarantees, though.

I paid $5 for mine at a garage sale. It was perfect except the aforementioned lamps, so I guess I'd have a budget of up to $195 for some bulbs. :)

The bulbs in the Yamaha CR-n20 series are 12V 60ma T-1-1/4 size bulbs. The bulbs in the CR-n40 series are 14V 80ma T-1-1/4 size bulbs. Check with ACK Supply in Georgia, they are on the web somewhere, I think it is www.acksupply.com.

Rob

Back
Top Bottom