Here's a nice rig!

Oooooooooh - that looks YUMMY :yes:

It's interesting to see his opening bid price.....helluvit is, it may well be worth that opening bid. Whoever ends up with this will have one happy pair of ears!

Those vintage Speaks are beautiful. Anyone have any experiences with Tannoy? I'm on the lookout for a vintage pair to compliment my rig. :banana:

Turntable?

That "Sony" tt is a Denon! Even if it says Sony on the headshell.

Yep, nice speakers.

Murray

Denon!

The overall style is just like a Denon DP-45 - if I've got the model # right. The little light tower to the left of the tonearm base, the design of the tonearm, the holes in the mat and the switch layout on the front of the tt - all the same design.

Either Denon licensed this to Sony or vice-versa. Betcha 5 cents. :)

Sorry Skippy, I'm formal - Sony PS-X75.

The tonearm is a 2nd gen' Biotracer with its round base (the PS-X700 had it square) ; the light tower for disc-size
detection is found on many TTs with auto cue/size feature, Sony included. The little knob to the right is for on-the-fly tracking force adjustment, Biotracer oblige.

But if you want to bet I'm game :)

I've been using it since the 70s and he has them sitting unprotected on ceramic tile. Does not appear the units even have their feet so suspect they were pulled from a cabinet. Also looks like it is an entrance foray. I would suspect he had just unloaded them from his Navigator (hey the foray does not look like the house is a $20 Florida 1 story) after hitting it big time at an estate sale. Only an impression but the photo and the story simply don't seem to match.

Hmmm, something doesn't add up. The Ebay auction claimed that a.) the seller was the original owner and b. ) they were in Ohio, and c.) he was selling them to prepare for a move.

Now, according to the ad in Canuck Audio Mart, they were a.) purchased from an estate sale and b.) they're in Canada. Also the seller seems to know very little about them, unlike the original Ebay auctioneer.

Weird

Back
Top Bottom