1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Heresey II woofer problems

Discussion in 'The Klipsch Korner' started by ccawker, Oct 8, 2018.

1. ccawker

ccawker Active Member

i have a pair of the Hereseys that,at a moderate level,sounds great...but when i turn it up a little louder it starts breaking up and sounding"muddy".....that is with both speakers....so i put one of them in a Heresey I speaker and it does the same....what part of the speaker is bad.... as i think the crossovers are good as it would be a long shot for the same caps going out at the same time...but,i really dont know about the inner workings of speakers.Any help would be great. Current Audio (9).JPG

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

2. ccawker

ccawker Active Member

It seems my cones were old and brittle is what Midwest Speaker in Minnesota said....160.00 and all will be good.

3. Eminence1963

Eminence1963 Active Member

Do the Heresy 1 speakers sound fine too? If the caps have not been changed out its time for it. You do not specify what series they came from. :dunno: Nice setup buy the way:thumbsup:

silversport likes this.
  4. Oicu812

Oicu812 New Member

I replaced my woofers with Eminence Delta Pro 12A as part of upgrading my Heresy 1’s to Super Heresy. The change is startling (in the good way).

Eminence1963 and silversport like this.
  5. twiiii

twiiii Addicted Member

I'd call Bob Crites and have a discussion with him. He's the Klipsch Guru. He has a website you can explore. He can send you parts to upgrade your crossovers, or rebuild them if you like. He has replacements for all your drivers and diaphragms for the tweeters and mids, if you need them. But most of all he had the knowledge to help you out with which ever path your choose to walk.

Sound Dragon likes this.
  6. Sound Dragon

Sound Dragon Yawns and sets his couch on fire! Subscriber

Another vote for Crites.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. ccawker

ccawker Active Member

Old school here. I like original. Just got these reckoned and works
    thanks. I have bought a few upgrades from him already. The reconing did the trick.