Heresy 3 Brace work...

I experimented with the Peavey CH1 horn on the Heresy ll as a two way but that is rather larger compared to the 811b. The 811b likes to cross on the higher side of where the Heresy crosses to the horn many folks like it crossing around 1100 Hz.. You could do that easy with a CH3/4 network from Klipsch.
I like building speakers and mixing and matching what I have or come across, I will have to look into those crossovers.
One thing for sure, I need to start building some projects that make some money, this hobby is getting expensive:thumbsup:.

We had a a few sets of birch raw Hersey that were suspended and the enclosures just failed and started rattling and falling apart. Klipsch replaced them of course. In the late 80's as I remember. It would be fun to use an accelerometer to measure the before and after results of the additional bracing.

Audio Note are very sucessfull at tuning the cabinet boxes so I disagree that cabinets should never be part of the sound.

Can someone please post their findings on stiffening the heresy Box.

I opened mine up the other day to find the only thing inside was a foam tube around the woofer. Quite strange compared to almost all other vintage speakers.

Was it strictly for financial reasons that klipsch made the Heresy Cabinet the way they did or were they designed to achieve the sound they were looking for.

Audio Note are very sucessfull at tuning the cabinet boxes so I disagree that cabinets should never be part of the sound.

Can someone please post their findings on stiffening the heresy Box.

I opened mine up the other day to find the only thing inside was a foam tube around the woofer. Quite strange compared to almost all other vintage speakers.

Was it strictly for financial reasons that klipsch made the Heresy Cabinet the way they did or were they designed to achieve the sound they were looking for.

Which Heresy version did you find a foam tube? I'm on my 4th set of H1's and haven't found that. Plus, I've not had issues with any loose joints or vibration. Might be a thing for newer versions?

Back
Top Bottom