Heresy III's and Marantz 4300

ChasmanIII

So the Heresy's just arrived! I had it already wired so literally plug and play. Awesome! Right now, they are set on the rear channel and Klipsch R26F's on the front which are actually off the floor another 12". The sound is incredible. The Eagles Long Road Out of Eden get's the debut. The Varimatrix and dimension is precisely why I like these old Marantz quads. This is the first run on this amplifier since I purchased it. It had new relay's but the work was questionable. I took it to a technician who works for Glenn Poor Audio in Champaign. He rechecked, cleaned and but surprisingly internals were good. I think even Geoff Poor would say it's sounds good! But priced way below anything in his store. That said, bar none, a plug for them, the quality and content in his store will match anywhere in the USA.

I am a big fan of the vintage Klipsch speakers. I’ll bet your setup sounds like a million bucks going through that 4300.:thumbsup:

Home alone today. So the Marantz 4300 is getting one hell of a work out! I have tweaked things a tad. I realize that the R26F's are high dollar but they are working quite well along with the Heresy's, maybe the next upgrade. I also added a mini FBQ Behringer that I use with my electric guitar, low cost but 0, I mean 0 noise. My CD player is a vintage Sony which has to be 30 years old. Right now I am listening to Rush about 35% with input of the EQ midway. If EQ is by-passed, it's actually a tad louder but I'm boosting the lower frequency just a tad. The Rush CD is Moving Pictures that I recorded using my I Pad > Amazon Prime > Harman/Kardon > Dell Latitude > Audacity > CD in WAV format. I will say, this is everything I had hoped for and more and the best part, it ain't over! Turntable and new CD player. Incidentally I wasn't a huge Rush fan but Geddy Lee's bass licks and leads make any bass guitar player proud. And Neil Purt's drumming is thunderous on this recording. I wish I had the LP and a decent turntable.

Home alone today. So the Marantz 4300 is getting one hell of a work out! I have tweaked things a tad. I realize that the R26F's are high dollar but they are working quite well along with the Heresy's, maybe the next upgrade. I also added a mini FBQ Behringer that I use with my electric guitar, low cost but 0, I mean 0 noise. My CD player is a vintage Sony which has to be 30 years old. Right now I am listening to Rush about 35% with input of the EQ midway. If EQ is by-passed, it's actually a tad louder but I'm boosting the lower frequency just a tad. The Rush CD is Moving Pictures that I recorded using my I Pad > Amazon Prime > Harman/Kardon > Dell Latitude > Audacity > CD in WAV format. I will say, this is everything I had hoped for and more and the best part, it ain't over! Turntable and new CD player. Incidentally I wasn't a huge Rush fan but Geddy Lee's bass licks and leads make any bass guitar player proud. And Neil Purt's drumming is thunderous on this recording. I wish I had the LP and a decent turntable.
Sounds like a great setup, Are you putting the EQ between the pre and amp or after the source?

Back
Top Bottom