Heresy in center

superjojo

Can anyone explain the concept of using Heresy's as center speakers for Klipschorns or Cornwalls?

I have a pair of Heresy's ive been looking to get rid of. Maybe using them like this with my Cornwalls might be fun.

I believe that this practice came about to deal with Khorns placed far apart on long walls which resulted in a hole in the centre image so the centre fill speaker was used. Properly set up in stereo a pair of speakers will sound better than when used with a combined centre channel.

FYI, DTS Neo:6 Mode software can generate a center channel from a stereo recording. DTS Neo:6 is available in some Oppo universal players, and apparently is available in some AVRs. I'm not generally in favor of DSPs "mucking around" with my music, but you might consider DTS Neo:6 if your main speakers are relatively far apart (considering how far your seating position is from the speakers).

Separately, my understanding is that some of the vintage vacuum tube amps are capable of deriving a center channel - though I've never tried this.

I saw some photos of a system using 3 Heresys and a pair of Khorns. I have no idea what that was about.

Interesting because they are classic speakers of course but judging from my disdain for home theatre setups, I don't think I would like it.

similar voicing and I would imagine that buying a third Klipschorn for a Center channel might not work out (it IS a corner horn right ;) )

I have a three across the front Heresy for my downstairs Home Theater and the three Heresies sounding the same sound better to my ear than the KLF-C7 or popbumper'd Academy I used originally (and have retried several times since)...

Bill

Back
Top Bottom