Hey guys I made the trip for the RSlll A's

inkman69

Very nice indeed. All drivers work and cabnets are in great shape too. One grill is stained on the bottom but not realy noticable unless out side in sun light.frames are good and tight and badges are there too. lots of base ive noticed.Im still playing with them to get the sound right with the room.Ive got Pink Floyd ..Division Bell in right now.:yes:

inkman69,
Very nice. It is good to hear that they fell into your possesion and will be appreciated.

Vito

Well done! Get 'em set up and powered right, and I'm sure you'll enjoy them. Nice to know they are in good, appreciative hands. :thmbsp: :D

Inkman69,

:thmbsp: :thmbsp:

You are on your way to having a nice collection of Infinity speakers. Let us know more on your impressions of them once you've got them dialed in.

Oh no!

Well im not sure if it was the beer last night. But this morning Im playing them again and there not sounding good at all.Ive found theat both tweeters are not playing and one mid is raspy. The other is okay.:scratch2:
They sounded so good at his house.
If I was driving them to hard....wouldnt the little fuse on the back go first?.......(checking).............. Da** The fuses were blown. Much better now. I still think I need a polydome mid though. I think its on its way out. The bad fuses are 1amp. Is that right? I put 5 amp ones from my Cerwin Vegas in there tell I get back from Rat shack:yes: I looked In the Tec manual and Its not saying what size of fuse. Any of you guys have an extra polydome around? I looked on Ebay and theres not one there at the moment.
I geuss This is what happens when the kids are all farmed out and the wife is stuck in florida(waiting on a plane) And I have a 12 pack of Cold Rolling Rock in the frig.

Hi Inkman,

Glad you got them!

The crossover schematic on Infinity Classics shows it as being a 1 amp fuse. Not sure a 5 amp would give you any meaningful protection at all. Think I'd keep the volume way down until you can pick up a 1 amp replacement.

The polydomes show up pretty regularly, just keep a search active and one will pop up soon enough.

David

Inkman69,

Check this out. http://www.infinity-classics.de/infinity/technik/manuals/RS_IIIA_technical_sheet.pdf (Edit: Oops, David beat me to it while I was composing...just noticed his post)

1A-30 shown here for the fuses. Not sure what the 30 means (time duration maybe?). It's probably important though. Check out this thread:http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=59946&highlight=fuse+slo

It gets into fast blo vs slo blo fuses and sizing etc.

The RS1IIIa has separate fuses for the mid circuit and tweeters. Did you check out all of them? Maybe one of the mid fuses is only partially blown and affecting the circuit. Another source of the mids fuzziness could be the pot. Play around with that. There may be something else in the crossover circuit as well. Swapping the polydomes between speakers would tell if it truly is a bad driver or not.

What amp were you using? You must have had that puppy cranking there last night :D

Back
Top Bottom