Hey it's all new and we are still here!!!

Blue Shadow

Waiting for Vintage Gear from this century
Over ten years ago a car board changed their software and one model car group just up and left. These were OLD GUYS that couldn't come to grips with learning a new forum software. They just pulled up stakes and settled back down as a separate entity. All because the forum software which had been changing on other parts of the car site had finally gotten to changing their board. Good Bye, Good Luck see you later.

The model of those cars that I have moved away as the censorship and other heavy handed admin tactics took their toll. That new board has only 13 forums, 3-4 are board FAQs, Tech FAQs with all the stickies, comments and one wonderful how to resource one member built. Small easy to navigate and good for answers.

So if we can weather the change to the new board. And MAYBE JUST WAIT until some of the old posts get captured, new features get released and all the other things that come with a software change, we won't need to be like OLD GUYS that can't adjust to this change.

So all you OLD GUYS having trouble, look at it this way. Learning something new like this software is just what you need to keep that oldtimers disease from getting any worse.

Hey if you can't understand I'm talking about old not accepting a software change with an example of people who repair cars with checkbooks not tools, then some may see this post as a bit negative. It isn't. Just don't want any of the AKers to get upset with a software change.

Last edited:
Who the heck you callin' OLD GUY, pilgrim?
(I'm the redhead on your right in the avatar ...)
And don't EVEN start on the ol' lady stuff ...!

So all you OLD GUYS having trouble, look at it this way.
Learning something new like this software is just what you need to keep that oldtimers disease from getting any worse.

[sorry, I can't find the darned :BANANA: to show I am not really angry ...]

What's wrong with KIDS THESE DAYS? They simply can't remember when colors were brighter, people were nicer (and there weren't so MANY of them!), and the air smelled better. Things weren't so noisy, either. Take it from an OLD GUY, things were better way back when. Farts were louder, and you could really smell 'em. Closing pop-ups and shushing videos on a web page wasn't a full-time job. How many KIDS THESE DAYS follow the tiny cabal, consisting of the advertising-entertainment complex, that is conspiring at this very moment to shorten their attention spans further, with all pans flashing, all the time. POW! Where was I? Oh yeah, KIDS THESE DAYS!

Like 'em (TM), or Not!

The more I'm working with it the better it's getting. I hope they get all our past posts and thread starts loaded up soon. We also don't need the small script in light grays on white way two hard to see. :confused:

Now get off my lawn so I can spend my time learning the site again.:p

I'm guessing that there is a structured "service manual" for this new forum S/W, but I haven't found it yet. I'll just keep muddling thru and read the scattered findings that many people are leaving behind as they go. I kind of miss the display of the post count and location.

I'm guessing that there is a structured "service manual" for this new forum S/W, but I haven't found it yet. I'll just keep muddling thru and read the scattered findings that many people are leaving behind as they go. I kind of miss the display of the post count and location.
I clicked the XenoForo link at the bottom of the page and went to their website -
they DO have a Manual here - https://xenforo.com/help/
Going through that they do show a list of styling are available out of the box -
but our folks have likely already picked a style closest to the old VBulletin style -
so they may just need to do some tweaks to the CSS once EVERYTHING ELSE gets sorted out
(like reconnecting images from the old posts and such).

I'm in no rush - I'll be patient - this is the best audio forum out there and I'm willing to wait!!

Thanks -

A quick glance at their site looks it is mostly for programmers, installers, etc, and "I ain't sticking my fist in that tarbaby." I'll leave the ones and zeros to those with the right skill set.

With age comes patience, and I too am perfectly willing to hang in there until things get sorted out.

I will take another look at their site and see if I can comprehend any of their FAQs.

I don't get it. Don't people frequent any other forums on the 'net? You can't help but learn multiple forum software packages unless you're living under a rock. It's kind of like stereo systems- you have to ignore the thing to some degree so you can enjoy the music.

I don't get it. Don't people frequent any other forums on the 'net? You can't help but learn multiple forum software packages unless you're living under a rock. It's kind of like stereo systems- you have to ignore the thing to some degree so you can enjoy the music.

This is so true. All kinds of different formats out there and this new software just keeps up thinking. Not thinking isn't what I want to do.

@hjames the comment about old guys was the folks on that car board and those old guys here that are going to go ballistic with a change in the software. I doubt you will have any trouble using this new board format.

Folks keep saying the new format will be the end of AK. Hardly, Our traffic is stronger then ever. :)

Good to hear Grumpy, the new formate will work better with the younger generation posting while mobile.
Sent from my iPad:rolleyes:

I can't believe all the complainers on this site. What is wrong with these people? I doubt they have much of a life.

it seems to get better each day ..at first i couldn't read the text even with my specs on ..now i can without a problem .. seems the black has got blacker and a bit larger .. rant over ...

Back
Top Bottom