Hey Jay! Twangfest Spring 2016, whaddaya say?

@Eric you kiddin? Insert prying from my cold dead fingers cliché. :)

@moe Too bad I am hip deep in speaker projects. I'm about to have to build a doghouse out of them in the garage and sleep there because there's no room in the inn. :smoke:
Folks these are a buy. Reasonable, easy to handle size tower speaker, attractive wood grain outer, crites tweeter really helps loads. This is a crowd pleaser at $200.00, and very living room attractive.

In prime shape, before the sheep and crack hoes got it all stained up...I told Jay it would be bad mojo to invite them but...

Folks these are a buy. Reasonable, easy to handle size tower speaker, attractive wood grain outer, crites tweeter really helps loads. This is a crowd pleaser at $200.00, and very living room attractive.

the 4.2's? i bought a set the next day after hearing tox's. i upgraded crossovers and put in the ti diaphragms. i liked those so much i bought a set of kg5.5's (for a little more bass :biggrin:) and swapped the ti diaphragms over.

i think i have a problem... :biggrin:

Last edited:
the 4.2's? i bought a set the next day after hearing tox's. i upgraded crossovers and put in the ti diaphragms. i liked those so much i bought a set of kg5.5's (for a little more bass :biggrin:) and swapped the ti diaphragms over.

i think i have a problem... :biggrin:

on that note i may be moving a set of kg4.2's with sonicaps soon....

I think those speakers were the hit of the day. I know I was impressed - more so than by the Heresy's I used to own.

That was about the Kg 4.2's that were for sale on Columbia CL. Russell was wanting a pair after hearing mine at the fest, but by the time I found that upgraded pair for a great price, he had already blown his budget on different speakers. I haven't seen those listed for awhile so I'm sure they sold. I don't know if you got to hear them Jay but they ought to show up on KC CL regularly if you are interested in a pair. I almost bought that pair myself but I have too many speakers and would have just been looking for someone to sell them to.

Has anyone heard from Jay? I sure hope he is in good repair. I guess he was in the doctor's office in the last few weeks.

Well I'm ever so slightly concerned now too. Jay posts about every day but he hasn't been on for a few days. I haven't been on much lately myself, could be perfectly normal for a busy retired guy.

Hey just a reminder we started that Twangfest notification thread so if anything does develop, we'll need to post over in that one and start a new one for the meet, so we're not in this thread from last spring. Not to get way ahead of the game you understand. :cool:

Meanwhile, I go out of town, come back and the AR9's - which I brought in while the wife was out of town - have doilies and a cornucopia of plastic fall flowers on top of them. Oh. My. Gawd. :no::rflmao:

Well I'm ever so slightly concerned now too. Jay posts about every day but he hasn't been on for a few days. I haven't been on much lately myself, could be perfectly normal for a busy retired guy.

Hey just a reminder we started that Twangfest notification thread so if anything does develop, we'll need to post over in that one and start a new one for the meet, so we're not in this thread from last spring. Not to get way ahead of the game you understand. :cool:

Meanwhile, I go out of town, come back and the AR9's - which I brought in while the wife was out of town - have doilies and a cornucopia of plastic fall flowers on top of them. Oh. My. Gawd. :no::rflmao:

Those doilies will keep the drink glasses off of them at least!
I hope Jay is well.

Those doilies will keep the drink glasses off of them at least!
I hope Jay is well.

As if the two of us shorties could reach up there to put drinks anyway. :p

I kinda deserved the decor, after 'sneaking' them into the living room. But they sounded so good I've at least got approval to draft up a scale drawing of semi-permanent placement (since we'd have to move the TV and find a place to put it without blocking the window in between the speakers). Tough nut to crack but I consider doilies and permission to draft plans as something other than 'no.' :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom