Hey Jazz Fans

John EH

Picked up a copy of Dave Brubeck "On Time" today at the local military exchange at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni Japan.

Cost was six whole dollars. It was in the bargain bin. Guess if it isn't JLo or Christina A or the band of the week the young guys don't want it. My gain.

Had no idea about Dave Brubeck other than I had heard the name and knew it was Jazz.

The first track "Take Five" is easily recognizable to anyone as it's used in at least a hundred commercials in the States. Right away I knew I found something great and that I knew more about this guy than I thought.

I'm only about half way through it but it's a keeper and well recorded as well. Drums and cymbals are crisp. God I love the sound of a Jazz horn on a cold night in a warm house.

John

Very cool. I have it on vinyl. Very nice, it is my reference album these days. All you need now is a martini and a couple of chaise lounges:D

Take Five is also a reference for me. Just how dry can that sax sound? Can you hear the clacks of the keys? The drum solo is an interesting reference also.
md

Back
Top Bottom