Hey Moderators!

A private server at home... maybe you haven't heard... but you can lose a race for that. :rolleyes: Forgive.

Well it's a good thing that I don't have plans for running for public office. Though, I'm qualified too. :cool:

Also, I always build my own computers. But, I wasn't sure how most web sites are hosted. Hence, my curiosity if AK had a private server, or if the site is supported by a professional server farm? Good to know that AK is safe, and we won't suffer from withdrawal issues.

Thanks. I wasn't sure of the location of the server. Me, I'm old-school and hard-headed. I would have built my own server, and hosted it from my home. I must have a sadomasochistic streak, but I like learning from doing...!
What you would learn very quickly is that in most places it's stupid expensive to get the upload bandwidth to host a moderately popular website, that you are much worse at system administration than you think, and that getting pwned really sucks.

No.

'Auctions for AK' albums. Grumpy pulls some choice ( and I mean CHOICE) pieces from his personal vinyl collection, or procures hard-to-get RSD titles, and auctions them off, for the benefit of the site. Only visible to subscribers. This is just one more in a long list of reasons why the $25 annual fee, to be a subscriber, is money well-spent.

I've gotten killer vinyl from the Grump.

Me, too.

The records got shipped, yesterday. I was over, helping Grumpy pack up his stereo. When the stereo gets torn down, shit gets real. I'm going to miss seeing my friend.

Didn't realize they were doing that big of a move. Maybe to warmer weather? I hope all the auctions for family's will still be ongoing. That's a cool thing they do through out the year. Hang in there, I know it's tough.

Grumpy not responding, oh that's going in my complaint email to AK management! I hope that guy gets fired!

Rare look inside the AK server building.

For you non-subscribers, this is just for Bartertown.

article-0-158CAE40000005DC-837_964x641.jpg

I wonder if Grumpy will start an SSAC (Southern States Audio Club) when he gets settled? Quite a few members along the Gulf Coast and Florida panhandle. Just bein' curious (and maybe a little hopeful!). Good luck on the move to warmer climes, you won't miss the winters and all the joy (?) they bring.:)

Back
Top Bottom