HEY Sanyo any good?

reallycool

Hey dudes, just got a Sanyo CP 700 for CD player for free, sounds pretty good, just curious what these things go for. and if they use good parts and what not. basically any comments or info would be cool. oh yeah he even gave me the manual. any experience with old sanyos? Thanks poeple

don't have much experience with sanyo, but they did buy out fisher in the early '80s, and fisher stuff sucks, but my sanyo clock radio is about 30 odd years old and is still going on like a champ, so i guess it's hit&miss with sanyo. anyway, whatever floats your boat!:music:

From the stuff I saw in the 80's I don't think Sanyo was ever the greatest stuff. Better then your GPX and Soundesign stuff but not that good either. To me it falls in between your low end name brand gear and some of the nicer Panasonic all in one systems of the era. It's true that Sanyo bought out Fisher, and that was the begining of the end for Fisher in my opinion.

But not to dis what you have... if it works, enjoy it. Just don't spend alot for it.

Sanyo in the late 70's Plus series was great. My first amp was the A35 intergrated liked it so much I gave it to a friend and got the seperates. Some lucky AKer's lately have found some of these in thrifts for next to nothing. very high quality, sound super good, I no nothing of them after that but, if you like it and free it's good:thmbsp: Keep an eye peeled for the Plus series if you get it cheap PM me and I'll make you a fair offer, I think they're that good!! the little A35 had one of The best SS headphone amps I've ever heard.

Craig

I have 1979 Plus Series T55 tuner C55 preamp and P55 amp. I love these units, sound is sweet and smooth. MOSFETs and JFETs in the amp, again I'll say it, sweeeeet sound. Very happy Sanyo user here!

Scott

I have 1979 Plus Series T55 tuner C55 preamp and P55 amp. I love these units, sound is sweet and smooth. MOSFETs and JFETs in the amp, again I'll say it, sweeeeet sound. Very happy Sanyo user here!

Scott

I'll second that. I had those 3 pieces and they were outstanding. The tuner in particular was a great one.
We concluded that Sanyo was capable of building very good gear, but that their market position was more value oriented, hence the unsuitability of most of their pieces for audiogeeks. If you find a Sanyo gem you'll probably get it at a very good price due to the brand's general low status.

Free was a good price for that CD player. It's nothing special, and old CD players are not very user-serviceable or valuable. If it works, great, enjoy it til it doesn't. Then you can try to resurrect it in a few simple ways (cleaning the lens, lubing the rails, etc.) and then if it still doesnt work, dump it. I go thru CD players like that all the time. They're pretty much disposable.

As far as Sanyo goes, they're hit and miss in quality. In the 70's, they made some great stuff, and some garbage. In the 80's, pretty much just garbage.

Lady Ayeka's statement that Fisher sucks would be correct for the most part, for the period that she's most familiar with (80's). However, in the early to mid 70's, they made decent equipment, and in the 60's, outstanding equipment. Another case of a name brand changing hands and losing it's identity with each change.

Hi,

Sanyo Plus series gear was generally good, solidly made, and reliable. It was also good sounding to boot. In the early 1980's Sanyo had the Ultrx line which was decent and a step up from their usual gear then. I would think of them as lower middle class.

Back
Top Bottom