Hey...what was the very first movie you ever viewed?

Then in color.. The sound i will never forget...

Y'all reminded me of an old black and white from that same time period called, "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Poe. It went for only a 1/2 hour, but for a kid it seemed to go on forever!

Q

If it's confined to an actual going to the theater outing, it was to the premiere of The Sound of Music with my mom, dad, & sister. I recall we actually got dressed up for it.

If it's confined to an actual going to the theater outing, it was to the premiere of The Sound of Music with my mom, dad, & sister. I recall we actually got dressed up for it.

Those were the days my friends..we thought they'd never end. But they did.:(

Q

Those were the days my friends..we thought they'd never end. But they did.:(

Q

4087342130_235c423593_z.jpg

Air-travel-today.jpg

"Moby Dick". For years, when people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I would answer "I want to be a whaler".

It was either the Aristocats or Jungle Book. I can't remember which came first but I remember seeing both at about the same time.
I'm pretty sure it was Jungle Book for me. I would have been age 5 or less, I don't remember where the theater was located.

I was in 3rd grade, age 8, when I saw Aristocats, I remember the town, but not the theater.

The very 1st movie I can remember seeing at a theater was The Blob, starring Steve McQueen. It scared the crap out of me. It came out in 1958, but I saw it in the mid 60's.
the-blob-movie-poster-1958-1020143964.jpg

I was 4 years old, with my Mom and Dad. It was James Bond in Goldfinger. It's been all downhill since! :confused:

http%3A%2F%2Fmedia.cineblog.it%2F3%2F3f5%2F8128741d37bf23660c938d6da42d4fb071fff189.jpg

No idea, but it was probably a Disney before I was old enough to stay awake for both movies at the drive-in.

Last edited:
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
(so͞opərˌkaləˌfrajəˌlistikˌekspēˌaləˈdōSHəs)

Even tho the sound of it was something quite atrocious!

It was either "Bambi" or the "Egyptian" with Victor Mature.
My dad worked at Electro-Motive division of General Motors and at their family Christmas Party every year they had "Bambi" and snacks.

It was likely the drive-in when Mom & Dad packed us all in the Studebaker so Dad could see his favorite actor...The Duke in "Donovan's Reef" w/Lee Marvin. My brother and I thought the big electric train set was cool...until the big fight. Still a damn good movie. BTW I DVRed The Greatest Movie Ever Made the other night...plan on watching "Casablanca" for the umpteenth time this weekend. Think I've got it memorized by now:)

Either The Wonderful World of the Brothers Grimm - Buddy Hackett's bones reassembling freaked me out! - or Fantasia - the marching broomsticks freaked me out! - or Jack the Giant KIller - the whole damn thing freaked me out!

Back
Top Bottom