Hey WW

MikE

Color Me Gone
How's come you don't post (much) on the Tube Forum? You used to post on the old tube forum at AU. Just curious, we miss your contribution. MikE

Hey ya MikE

Hmmm good question Mike LOL Right now I have this real dumb look on my face for I don't know why. I think it's cause back then I was tweakin and slinging solder on my PP Dynaco ST 70. I got it to a good working state and then moved on. Not had much in the way of tube gear fall into my hands lately other than some older bakelite lil AM/FM/shortwave radios from the 50's and early 60's. I posted in the DIY forum with a valve amp that I wouldn't mind building for fun. Alas, another day...

I wanted to upgrade the 7199's in my Dynaco with a real sweet drop in board from Ned over at Triode. I think it's around 150 bucks but I just havn't had the coin or for that matter time to throw at it. And then also I keep thinking that I will some day upgrade to something in the realm of what you have. I have tons of homework to do before I can make a move that way though. I believe you know the story all to well!

But believe me ohhhh yeahhhh... I will be striving for less and less junk in the signal path and get the music so carefully extracted from the vinyl source to achieve the ultimate sound reproduction. I am often suprised with the kind of gear that you prefer that you don't have a TT. Ohhhh baby would those Moths and your Sonatina's do their best. I would LOVE to bring my Thorens over to your place and hook it up with my most pristine vinyl. Just to see the look on your face LOL

:guitar:

Anyway, yeah I ain't been postin much in tubes sadly. Be sure when I have something more than just "half baked" to say why I will be certain to say so.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom