Hi from Arizona y'all!

flowerPowers

Howdy! [with thick southern accent]

I've been lurking here for a while now and figured I should create an account and say hi. I've always enjoyed music quite a bit and has been a big part of my reality. I know pretty much everyone enjoys music lol, but you know what I mean.

I'm in my mid-30s, and only now getting into what I consider higher end audio quality. I've always appreciated better sound and have performed all of my own car audio upgrades (full rewire installs, soldering everything I could), but the world of home stereo high fidelity is newer to me, and I'm coming to learn it's where it's at.

I've assembled the below system and it's by far my best sounding stereo I've owned and show it off every chance I get. I realize it's not a high end system especially compared to some of your guys' amazing stereos, but it's the best I've assembled on my budget.

Current setup:
Speakers: Infinity Kappa 6.1 Series II
Amp: Onkyo Integra A-8700
DAC: Allo Boss 1.2 DAC (Raspberry Pi 3 B+ powered)
*Software: Volumio​
Source: CD collection ripped -> Flac and WAV files -> Stored (and backed up of course) on a local NAS drive

I listen to a wide range of music... Pink Floyd, Primus, Tool, Willie Nelson, Miles Davis, Muddy Waters, Toto, The Black Keys, etc., etc. so I don't have a set genre I prefer. I'm open to all kinds of quality music from real music artists.

Since assembling this system it has gotten me into Jazz. I heard these are "jazz speakers" so I went and bought Mile Davis and John Coltrane CDs, and now I'm hooked! My jazz CD collection is growing quick, all thanks to a quality sound system.

Cheers!

Welcome to the forum. If you are interested, I'm trying to get a meet up in the Phoenix area going in the near future. There is a thread it the regional section about it. Feel free to chime in.

Back
Top Bottom