Hi from Arizona y'all!

Welcome to the AK Crew, aP.

With your background, motivation and gear, you are a fit!:thumbsup:

Remember as art is in the eye of the beholder, so too is the ear when it comes to music and all attached listening to it.

Q

Last edited:
Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

Amp is in the shop getting repaired and serviced. Dirty pots plus a likely bad capacitor or two showing up in the right channel. So I'm having a local shop go through it all and get the whole unit back into shape. Should sound better than it has in a long time and provide years more service.

I stumbled onto this thread. It's absolutely inspirational and a bit epic: http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/pics-of-your-listening-space.130581/

Cheers!

I always liked hiking Camelback more than Squaw Peak (or Piestewa Peak as it's called now). You use to be able to hike Camelback from the east trailhead - don't know if you still can.

I miss the valley...

I always liked hiking Camelback more than Squaw Peak (or Piestewa Peak as it's called now). You use to be able to hike Camelback from the east trailhead - don't know if you still can...

The "Cholla Trail". Yup, you can. Parking on Invergordon fills up both sides of the street pretty much all the way down to Camelback Road sometimes. FYI, they re-did the whole Echo Canyon side. Now it's got a fenced gatehouse, a whole new parking lot, a separate entrance for the houses, and a roundabout on McDonald Drive. Usually there's one or two full time rangers posted at the trailhead everyday and no dogs allowed anymore, but are on the Cholla side.

Tonight there's a meeting re: turning it into a Preserve instead of a Park.

Rescue season is starting up. Snowbirds seem to be coming in early this year.

And that's the report from Camelback...

Ahum, sir we have a Southwestern accent which is really no accent ha! Hi back from Arizona...Mesa specifically.

Yeah, we do have our own accent. Good point!

I'm in Mesa too, North Mesa area. If you know of a great stereo repair/refurbishing shop in the east valley, please do tell.

The "Cholla Trail". Yup, you can. Parking on Invergordon fills up both sides of the street pretty much all the way down to Camelback Road sometimes. FYI, they re-did the whole Echo Canyon side. Now it's got a fenced gatehouse, a whole new parking lot, a separate entrance for the houses, and a roundabout on McDonald Drive. Usually there's one or two full time rangers posted at the trailhead everyday and no dogs allowed anymore, but are on the Cholla side.

I haven't been to Camelback since they started all of the construction for the new lot a while back. Parking/traffic was terrible. Sounds like it's worth a revisit. Good intel!

Ahh back in the ol' days there was no one on the east side. Time to kick off the Praying Monk SAR season...

Yeah, we do have our own accent. Good point!

I'm in Mesa too, North Mesa area. If you know of a great stereo repair/refurbishing shop in the east valley, please do tell.

Now I have heard good things about Western Audio in Downtown Gilbert but I haven't been there personally. They specialize in fixing amps, turntables etc. The only place I trusted to work on speakers is in Tucson, Sundance Speaker Repair. I had a good experience with them rebuilding some Paradigm drivers that had voice coil rub.

Now I have heard good things about Western Audio in Downtown Gilbert but I haven't been there personally. They specialize in fixing amps, turntables etc. The only place I trusted to work on speakers is in Tucson, Sundance Speaker Repair. I had a good experience with them rebuilding some Paradigm drivers that had voice coil rub.
Good to hear about Western! I live in Gilbert and was coming in here to see if there was anyone posting about repair shops. I need to spend more time in this place. Just moved to AZ in April from the sunny state of Iowa!

Good to hear about Western! I live in Gilbert and was coming in here to see if there was anyone posting about repair shops. I need to spend more time in this place. Just moved to AZ in April from the sunny state of Iowa!

I saw Western had mixed reviews on Yelp, but has been around for a long time too so they must being doing something right. If my equipment were older, I would consider taking it to Western. I ended up bringing my amp to a guitar-amp specialized shop, M-Troniks, down in Chandler based on a recommendation from a friend. They are way over on their turn around time, but have a good reputation so I'm waiting patiently.

I have also heard good things about Arizona HiFi in Phoenix. I would have given my amp to their repair guy for servicing, but they had some follow up issues which is why I chose to go with M-Troniks.

Back
Top Bottom