Hi from Calgary

Skid Mark69

I just signed up to AudioKarma after reading a few posts. My Sansui 551 was purchased in 1975 and has given me many many years of great sound. After pulling it out of storage recently it fired up but have some distortion. Gave all the dials and switched a cleaning the old girl is sounding good again. I had Infinity POS ll speakers originally but they packed it in a few years ago. Now I have a pair ok Klipsch synergy b2s hooked up now and it sounds ok. Will be looking to up grade the speakers but need to know how to match speaker specs to work with the low power of the Sansui. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Good to see ya.
It says that you can go with 4ohm minimum speaker with this receiver. and that it puts out 16wpc at 8ohm's.
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/551.shtml
I would suggest any set of speakers that are at least 90db sensitive. The more sensitive the better.
Klipsch work well usually. You could also do a search for this receiver and see what speakers others might have found that sound nice with her.
Welcome.

Last edited:
Good to see ya.
It says that you can go with 4ohm minimum speaker with this receiver. and that it puts out 16wpc at 8ohm's.
https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/551.shtml
I would suggest any set of speakers that are at least 90db sensitive. The more sensitive the better.
Klipsch work well usually. You could also do a search for this receiver and see what speakers others might have found that sound nice with her.
Welcome.
Hi Bucky,
The Klipsch speakers are doing well. I played with placement and balance today and what a difference. It’s like the sound came into focus. The speakers just disappeared. KEF Q 150 speakers are on sale and sound quite good in the store, as well as having consistently good reviews on the web. They aren currently on the top of my list, but I am in no hurry

Welcome partner, to AK.

Looks like you've a great grounding in the area of sound already.

Was wondering if that audio place, across from SAIT, on 16th is still operating?
I saw some great gear there a couple of years ago, but they ain't giving it away, eh?

Have some great listening,:music:

Q

Back
Top Bottom