HI FROM LONDON - ANYONE HEREABOUTS TO?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alex Taylor, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor New Member

Forgive me in jumping the formalities, suffice to say that I'm a true lover of analogue and seek connection with those who are the same. I had my first tape recorder in the mid '60s, a R2R owned by my maternal granddad, and became well hooked thereafter and for the (obsessive) worst.

Currently trying to resurrect a lot of old kit and would appreciate advice on likely solutions to technical problems.
    That aside, if you wish to simply chat then bring it on as I do simply love communication from the like-minded.

I am in London and do have a number of ideas about how things might go. One of these includes my need to
    repair several decks, including a couple of Sony TC-158s. Any allegiance would be welcomed and reciprocated.
    I also have a mint condition Aiwa AD6700 with a most ridiculous predicament. Can supply details if you wish.

Just glad to be here with you all. Thank you.

Regards.

Alex. London.

modge likes this.
  2. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Welcome to AK Alex!

3. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor New Member

Hello John and thank you for the greeting. May I ask if you're a representative of AK or a member like myself?
    What are your affiliations to audio and for very long? Could turn this into an interrogation but will spare us both!
    Location?

Regards.

4. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Hi Alex, I am just an ordinary member ('very ordinary' some would say :)) - I've been a member here for over 10 years, and a subscriber for nearly that long.

I am a Sansui enthusiast, and have 2 tuners, 1 receiver, 1 power amp, 1 pre amp, and 4 integrated amplifiers - all Sansui, I've owned Sansui gear continuously for nearly 40 years. ;)

Look left and down a bit, for my location.

5. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor New Member

Thanks for your response, and got the Herts bit! I'm subsequently of a dim disposition on occasion.
    Now - and to be honest, for identity purposes, I operate under an alias - don't be shocked as Mum
    was scammed 3 times in as many years, so I use a fake name. My real name is Mark. Alex is my
    middle name. Moreover, I am x BBC, so do kindly appreciate my paranoid silliness. I am now 60.

I subsequently just posted the following :

I just joined the site and I'm unsure if this is the place to raise this post. Kindly advise me.

I'm in London and have a LOT of professional studio standard kit to repair - most is minor.
    I seek to connect with people that can resolve ongoing numerous technical issues with a
    particular focus on cassette decks - I possess many of the best and wish to do them up
    and sell them on.

They include (among a mountain of others) lots of Denons, Aiwa AD6900, Aiwa AD6700 x 2,
    Sony TC-177SD x 3; various Sony R2Rs and Fostex 8 track R2Rs, Sony TC-158SD x 4,
    Sony TC-153SD x 3, Sony TC-152SD and a number of their other top-loaders. I also have
    a Tascam 122 etc etc. Sorry to be a bore.

I'm looking to people for help and would particularly like to hear from those members in London.
    I am just Joe Blogs, not remotely wealthy and just a simply er... well, you know, audio peasant!

I can promise that those that are kind enough will be a little surprised regarding my identity (!!!)

Regards.

// If you wish to connect via other means, such as Skype, then fine. Its up to you chaps. By the
    way, I originate from Oxford, where I was born.

With regards.

Mark.

6. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Welcome from the Black Forest in Germany to marvellous London! :)

7. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor New Member

Nice to connect. Now chat.

HarmanKardon likes this.
  8. HarmanKardon

HarmanKardon Tubes still smell funny Subscriber

Be prepared! :)

9. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor New Member

I Am So. BBC. Thanks,

10. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor New Member

About repairs that one is undone by? How can I repair? Thanks. London.

11. Dave_1962

Dave_1962 Lunatic Member

Welcome!

12. Marine0811

Marine0811 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Welcome!

13. goat67

goat67 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Welcome

14. meggy

meggy AK Subscriber Subscriber

Welcome to AK.

15. guiller

guiller Toscaninichus Australis

Welcome to the AK community, Alex!!

16. boza

boza Super Member

welcome to AK.
    you will find a lot of friendley people with a lot of knowlege willing to help with any problems on here. :thumbsup:

17. electronjohn

electronjohn Plug it in & see!! Subscriber

18. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Greetings to ya!

Rome

19. Alex Taylor

Alex Taylor New Member

Thank you for the warm welcomes. I need a technician to repair kit via arrangement - if you are one such person, and preferably in London then lets connect. Projects Galore! Thanks.

20. ETLS

ETLS metacarpophalangealcranium Subscriber

A big howdy from Texas and welcome to the AK forums.