Hi from London

AndrewCttrll

Hi,

I've been lurking on AK for a few weeks now, reading many threads.

After my old Sony all-in-one system died a few months ago, I've been putting together a new system on a tight budget using a well known auction website.

I acquired a Technics SU-C04 stereo integrated amplifier and a Technics ST-C04L tuner. I used them with my old Sony speakers for a while.

[The ST-C04L is almost identical to the ST-C04 but is FM/MW/LW rather than FM/AM]

Then I acquired a pair of Sony SS-E44 speakers. These were a big improvement over my old Sony speakers.

Most recently, I acquired a pair of Celestion 5 Mk1 bookshelf speakers. These are, again, a big improvement. Probably the best speakers I have heard.

[The Celestion 5 Mk1 speakers are sealed, the Celestion 5 Mk2 speakers are ported]

The Celestion 5 speakers are from about 1992. The amp and tuner are from the Technics Micro Series of separates from about 1980 to 1982.

Apart from the tuner, the only source I use is my computer. I ripped all my tapes and CDs to Ogg Vorbis and use the foobar2000 audio player.

I also have a Pioneer SX-434 stereo receiver, from about 1976.

-Andrew

Will be looking forward to hearing tales of buying used equipment in merry old England.

Rapture us with the odd, unusual and esoteric stuff that shows up.

GREAT TO HAVE YOU!!!!!!
I was stationed in England @RAF Upper Heyford in 1972 - 1974. Loved your country.
James

Welcome Andrew,

I am interested in learning a little about the MW/LW portion of your tuner. :scratch2: :yes:

Greetings from Sunny San Diego, CA!!! Just a question is McFly still going strong there?

I never use them, I only listen to BBC Radio 4 on FM.

On this tuner, a Technics ST-C04L: LW covers 155 kHz to 353 kHz in 9kHz increments; and MW covers 531 kHz to 1611 kHz in 9kHz increment (this is the "AM radio" that most people are familiar with).

Thank You for enlightning me Andrew. I was thinking that was the case. I bet you have some great radio broadcast there. :music: :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom