Hi from Rhode Island

bharry

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Hi there,

I just started getting into vintage audio about 9 months ago and as a life long music lover it is a perfect fit for me. I got a bit carried away at first and acquired more gear than I knew what to do with. I'm a lot more selective now but I'm always on the lookout for the next piece. I overpaid on a few things when I first got started but since then I've found some really good deals so I like to tell myself that it has all evened out.

My last two acquisitions need a little work and I'll be posting threads looking for help soon. The first is a Sansui AU-555a that immediately blows the right channel fuse. The other thing is a JBL L80t tweeter I'm going to try to fix. I'm not in a huge hurry and I'm going to try to teach myself as I go along (with the help of Audiokarma members along the way).

I've already done a few projects I learned on this site. I picked up a pair of EPI M150 speakers and built a new crossover and replaced the rubber with foam. They sound amazing.

I've been a lurker for a long time and subscribed to the paid forum awhile ago in an attempt to give something back. What finally got me to post is I saw the post for FrakenFest and realized it is only 45 minutes from my house! I plan on going for as much of it as I can. My son has a basketball tournament in Providence on the same day so he will probably be getting a chance to check out some gear too. I plan on hopefully setting up a purchase before I go and maybe even a sale. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the great people from this forum.

This hobby came along at just the right time in my life. I'm going through a divorce after being married for 19 years and things have never been more stressful. Vintage audio gear (and the wonderful music it makes) provides me with a much needed distraction from the stress I've dealing with on a daily basis. It is especially helpful for the times when my kids (ages 9 & 12) are with my ex and I need something else to focus on.

Anyway, I've written more than I was expecting and just wanted to introduce myself in an attempt to meet some new people.

Thanks for reading,
Brian

Welcome Brian, I’m glad that our New England FrankenFest has snagged another enthusiast!
See you on the 20th.

Back
Top Bottom