Hi from the north of Sweden

Pernas

Hi!

As a new member I thought it might be a good idea to give a brief presentation;

I'm 47 and lives in the north of Sweden, have worked with electronic design, mfg and deployment of custom built audio equipment during the whole 90's.

I got my first cassette deck in the early 80's, a JVC KD-V22, mainly because my dad knew someone at the J.Victor Company in Sweden at that time. I got rid of it some years ago due to a move. I wasn't very happy with the tape transport on it anyway. It didn't record very well either, regardless of tape type.
Later on I've learnt that this deck lacked proper adjustment from the factory. Oh well...

In the late 80's I bought my first CDP, a JVC XL-Z555 which I still have in my possession and happy for that .
Later in the early 90's I bought the Philips DCC-730 which I still use for analog playback even if I kept two DCC-tapes..now I have some more in my possession like the Pio CT-939mkII // Denon DR-M24HX (ref) and Sony TC-K750ES

My main reason for re-visiting the cassette decks, is mostly because of the cassette collection quite recently inherited from my dad who passed away a couple of years ago.
..and also because I've found so many HIFI-products which were "totally out of price range" when I was younger.
I've built up a small collection over the last months and they keep coming :)

Thanks!

/Per

Welcome to Audiokarma.org. You'll fit right in and your experience with audio can be of benefit to the forum.

Welcome to AK.

Great to have a dad getting you into the hobby of sound.

With your background...you're more than a fit!:thumbsup:

Q

Thank you all, I only wish this hoppy wasn’t as addictive - the gear turns up almost everywhere just waiting to be fixed :)

/Per

Back
Top Bottom