Hi....I'm Chris from NJ. New Guy with Saba Questions

Chris S.

Hey everyone.....I'm a new guy here. Just introducing myself. Just got a Vintage 1960's SABA Hifi 600-SH Unused in Original SABA Box. Attached is a photo of an example of one. It's a Reel To Reel system from W. Germany. Missing Power Cord though! Such a shame! I will have a bunch of questions that I hope to get some help for. I will do that in the appropriate forums though. I'm a "picker" and will have items to sell or help refurbishing before I sell them. If I can every help anyone I would be happy to. My knowledge is limited but I'm one of those guys that know a little about A LOT of things. I don't plan on using this website as my personal garage sale though. I know its not the purpose of the site. Thanks for taking me in "off the street"!!
Chris Sims
Lyndhurst, NJ
simscr1@yahoo.com
regalbeaglerelics@gmail.com

Attachments

• 4641962706_974f0b22f1_z.jpg
    4641962706_974f0b22f1_z.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 34
Welcome from the west side (of the State that is)
Never heard of Saba. It looks like a nice piece.

Hi. I only heard of SABA recently myself. Was hoping everyone here knew SABA because I only found this website from a Google search in which one of thr results titled this website with Saba and other Vintage German Brands as "specialty" of this site. It is indeed a gorgeous piece of equipment but without a power cord I cant even power it on. Its literally new in original BUT OPENED box. Someone pilfered that cord. Gotta try to find a American Electrical power cord. All i have is the German 220v.

SABA (Schwarzwälder Apparate Bau Anstalt) built the best stereo tube radio ever. (SABA "Continental 410" - in Germany: "Freiburg"). One should be familiar with this brand!

Hello Chris!

Welcome from the Black Forest, the location of the former SABA factory! I have a lot of SABA gear but I am not familiar with the 600SH. In Germany it is a rare collector's item. I will try check the value of this one.

See you!

Chris

Last edited:
The SABA 600SH was the rival of the Swiss ReVox A-77. It was one of the best tape machines in Germany back then. It's value in Germany is now about 500-700 Euros in good conditon. But crazy collectors would pay for yours (NOS?) up to 1000 Euros. Retail price was 2000 Deutsche Mark - that was a bunch of money in the sixties!

Congratulations! Enjoy your SABA and enjoy your stay in our community! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom