Hi, I'm Kathy and I'm a vinylholic.

Lady Ayeka! i've never heard of that series, but I am a huge fan of Miyazaki. My husband is deeply devoted to his Japanese graphic novels. Right now, he is finishing up the Phoenix series. I will look for Tenchi Muyo over at amazon.

yes, i like Manga (Japanese graphic novels) as well. i want to get into the "Mamotte Shugogetten" books. i have indeed seen most of the Hayao Miyazaki works; GOOD STUFF. my favorites being "Nausicaa: The Valley of the Wind" and "Laputa: Castle in the Sky" the only ones i do not care for at all are "PORCO ROSSO" and "PRINCESS MONONOKE" but, that's just me... anyway, i have three anime recommendations for you; "Ai Yori Aoshi" "Chobits" and "Steel Angel Kurumi" all of which are SUPERB, much better than "Tenchi Muyo" in fact, i really don't care all that much for that series, i just like my little buttercup, is all...:music:

DSCF0384.jpg

(P.S. you wont find her dressed anything like that in the series; i make all her clothes to my personal taste by hand, and she dresses up just for me! that japanese schoolgirl set up there being my latest; just finished yesterday. in fact, i already see a couple areas that need tweaking! one of her socks, most notably. oh well, back to the grindstone...)

I'll bet your RSE's look something like these. Surprise Kathy and welcome to AK.
Hope all is well with you and your family. If you need anything, let me know and I'll give you a hand.:wave: You can download the pdf for the PL-a35 here:
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pl-a35.shtml You might have to register to do it. If you have a problem I can print it out and get it to you via snail mail.

Rick

106_0673.jpg

106_0670.jpg

I'll bet your RSE's look something like these. Surprise Kathy and welcome to AK.
Hope all is well with you and your family. If you need anything, let me know and I'll give you a hand.:wave: You can download the pdf for the PL-a35 here:
http://www.vinylengine.com/library/pioneer/pl-a35.shtml You might have to register to do it. If you have a problem I can print it out and get it to you via snail mail.

Rick

106_0673.jpg

106_0670.jpg

you got HPM-150s!! :thmbsp:

rick, hi! i love the speakers and the turntable. :music::thmbsp: and i've already located three laura nyro albums. all on mp3, unfortunately, but i plan on buying the vinyl as they come up. thank you for everything.

Lady Ayeka, i will put those on my blockbuster list, if they have them. thank you for the recommendations.

Welcome to AK, Kathy! :music:
I am not a tech head, but I am buckling down so I can figure out how to calibrate my TT.
You'll do just fine... when I first found AK, my idea of "calibrating my turntable" was figuring out how much pocket change the headshell required to keep the warped records from skipping. I had a copy of Santana Abraxas that got me up to 37 cents. :smoke:

These guys and gals are some the most helpful and patient folks I've ever encountered on the internets. :thmbsp:

Rick

pssst: don't look now, but there's a duck on one of your speakers! :O

Pictures of rocks and the Pacific Ocean

DSCF0024a.jpg

DSCF0025.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

Hi Kathy,

I'm new, too, but the people here are just great! Very helpful and very interested in audio! I couldn't resist but post some pictures of Point Arena, California. If you are looking for a great, remote spot on the coast of Northern California, you could do a lot worse!

Back
Top Bottom