Hi I'm new to AudioKarma

firebird400

Hello from the Firebird! I am the original owner of a Pioneer SX-780 playing thru 2 Pioneer CS-G7001 speakers. I have recently purchased a SX-1080 which is mint and in route to me. Always wanted a 1080 or 1280 but couldn't afford one back in the day. I'd like to find a pair of mint, maybe even 2 pair of Pioneer HPM-100 with floor stands. I have a Technics SL-B1 turntable, another Pioneer PL-12D-II turntable, and I've been looking around for a tape deck. I'll also need a good shop to ship too when I need repairs. Any and All advice accepted, thanks F

Welcome! That 1080 is one fine receiver. I gotta get my out of the bedroom and let it breathe. It's all headphones right now..

Hey firebird, welcome to AK!
We have a well respected tech member, Markthefixer, who's in Illinois. I'd recommend contacting him for repair questions, especially Pioneer equipment. He might be close to you, depending on where you are in Indiana (my native state). We also have tech members in Michigan, and Ohio. Someone should be of help. You'll love the 1080. Sweet receiver!:banana:

Hello from the Firebird! I am the original owner of a Pioneer SX-780 playing thru 2 Pioneer CS-G7001 speakers. I have recently purchased a SX-1080 which is mint and in route to me. Always wanted a 1080 or 1280 but couldn't afford one back in the day. I'd like to find a pair of mint, maybe even 2 pair of Pioneer HPM-100 with floor stands. I have a Technics SL-B1 turntable, another Pioneer PL-12D-II turntable, and I've been looking around for a tape deck. I'll also need a good shop to ship too when I need repairs. Any and All advice accepted, thanks F

Welcome to AK, and great taste in speakers, hope you can get your hands on some HPM's! :thmbsp:

Welcome Firebird!

So, what year is your Firebird?

I take it that is has a 400? ;)

Scott

Welcome to AK! :music: Head over to the Pioneer forum, I think you'll find some good advice and info! :thmbsp:

thanks

for all your welcomes. My sx1080 is here and up and on,, the sx780 wasgreat for 30yrs,,,never serviced the sx780, never ever,, I love vintage pioneer

Back
Top Bottom