Hi

jackaudio

Suppose I should introduce myself, my name is Jack and i am from melbourne australia had the audio bug for a few years now. I am currently running the following in my main system:

Cayin A-50T Integrated Tube Amp
MHZS CD88E CD player
Yaoin MS12B phone stage
An Old Denon direct drive TT model escapes me right now with an Ortofon 2M Bronze moving magnet cartridge.

I rate the chinese hifi highly for the $$ spent.

Speakers I am running an old pair of Interdyn P2 2 ways that have had upgraded tweeters and serios work done on the cross over.

During hard rubbish collection a few months ago I picked up a pair of Vintage B&O Beovox MS150 speakers which I am in the process of restoring as the surrounds were stuffed, Based on the look of the speaker I expect these to be a significant upgrade to what i am currently running.

Upgrades I in process I got a pair of opamps from www.bursonaudio.com
my mate installed a pair of these in his shanling cdt80 and it was a huge improvement for the small amount of $ they cost.

I also have an order I am awaiting from michael percy which is all for isolation products (foculpods, polipods, vibrapod isolators and simply physics tone cones)

The next thing to be upgraded are the caps in the phonostage, i was looking at getting hovlands for this.

Welcome!

We don't get much of the indigenously-badged Chinese gear round here mainly for reasons of geography and marketing, but I'll be interested in hearing your opinions of it. I see a lot of Chinese tube gear on eBay these days.

B&O made some nice speakers. I seem to recall that they used SEAS drivers in some of their models.

Welcome to AK, Jack! :music: (Keep your eyes open, you've got a few countrymen around here already. :thmbsp: )

The Cayin amp is amazingly good for the price, I took a mate shopping with me when I was looking for amps and I listened to the cayin and the melody sp3 with speakers that we know very well and the cayin was significantly better the the melody, my friend has been audiophile for 20 years and compared my little integrated with his own custom valve monoblocks.

I cant rate this little amp highly enough and it cost $1200AUD Bargain!

Another thing did u know that primaluna is rebadged and slightly modified cayin? checkout the website and compare pics of the amps.

The MHZS CD88E is another gem, cost me 300pounds inc airmail shipping and as it is at moment it is amazing, cant wait to install the opamps, then it will truly be a giant killer.

The Yaoin MS-12B for 200AUD Aprox you cant get anything near it in terms of quality without spending much more money.

With the chinese hifi its all about bang for buck.

Back
Top Bottom