HiFiEngine.com - anybody else having trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be in the state of the seeing a 190 second timer, followed by "Sorry, but the download server is busy. Please try again later."
I can still log in though.
I rarely download manuals (maybe one a month); does this mean I'm bandwidth limited for some reason?
Agree on financial support; it's worth it to send some $$ if there is a way to do it.

I seem to be in the state of the seeing a 190 second timer, followed by "Sorry, but the download server is busy. Please try again later

Please forward your account name and/or email address to me here at AK and I'll take a look for you.

Regards
JaS

OK, I think your account is fixed now?

And thanks again to the mods for letting me use your excellent facilities to sort this out, I know it's not really why it's here :oops:
You're welcome.

...I just remembered that what caused me to run afoul of the site the first time was making some comments about VWestlife getting banned from there...
Discussing moderation. That will do it. Depending on the particulars of an individual case, here, one might get a warning, or a suspension, or banishment.
...There are already discussions looking very strange, because there are answers to posts which are no longer present...
We probably have a few of those, here, but the mods try to clean up the related posts, when moderating a thread. I'd be fooling myself if I thought that, in eleven million posts, there were no discontinuities.

...how do you PM members who hide their profile...
It would seem that tagging vinylengine, in this thread, is the only option, here.

@Sarlacc This is venturing into a discussion about moderation, one that is better served in a private conversation. Ideally, face to face, but that might be unlikely.

PM sent

Hopefully it answers your questions. It's essentially a cut and paste on the relevant T&C

Regards,
JaS

PS you made 35 posts in total

I have an account on HiFiEngine, but on checking my access to Vinylengine I can't log in - as it appears my login name is in use? - please can this be checked @vinylengine (my HiFiengine login works without issue).

Thanks,

Last edited:
"DaveVoorhis" said:
tried my HifiEngine user ID and password on VinylEngine. It didn't work
I have an account on HiFiEngine, but on checking my access to Vinylengine I can't log in - as it appears my login name is in use? - please can this be checked @vinylengine (my HiFiengine login works without issue)

Please take a minute to read the FAQ, the answer is on the very first page

Regards

Last edited:
If you have account or access issues, unrelated to moderation actions, you may seek help from vinylengine in this thread.
I'm really sorry about that. I had no idea so many people were having problems or I wouldn't have replied to DrTebi's post. Just to explain, most of the guys who reported a problem had registered 2 or more accounts on one of my websites (you are allowed 1 per website) and were automatically blocked by the download server (they now have new accounts). A new script which politely reminds visitors of the one account rule and gives them the option of keeping one account has been written but I haven't had time to test it yet. In the meantime I'll close the registration form to prevent anyone else being blocked. Thanks again for your understanding and keep up the good work!

Moderation Note:

From the rules: Conflicts or gripes with other people or other forums do not belong on AK.

Member @vinylengine had been given a bit of leave to help folks with the non-AK forum(s) at bar, as a bit of a favor. The general membership has NOT been given leave to violate the aforementioned AK rule. This thread has been cleaned up of such.

Also, comments on AK moderation are not allowed.

If you want to dispute moderation activities at the other forum, that will have to be done via PM (private message) or email. Forums usually provide "contact us" email addresses on their home pages. Please take any such disputes up in that manner. If such contact information cannot be located, you will still have to take up your disputes somewhere other than AK. Period.

Due to abuse of the "leave" provided by AK staff, this thread is now closed.

Rich P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom