HiFiEngine.com for free manuals

I have uploaded about 10 Pioneer manuals to this site today alone. If everyone helps out, we might be able to do away with "I Need A Manual For..." posts forever! :yes:

Thats the second incarnation from Jas and The Vinyl Engine .
You can expect to see an avalanche of information there in the near future if I know Jas.
He is also a registered user here. vinylengine I believe is his user name.

How does one add info to the site? The FAQ says to contact the webmaster but I can't even find contact info for the webmaster.

I would like to donate some service manuals but don't understand the process of doing so.

Hi,
For anyone interested in sharing scans on either of my sites, I'm beta testing an upload script. All files are still checked and processed before addition to the library, but if it proves reliable it should make it easier to submit new manuals/flyers etc. You just enter the name you want crediting with the upload, point to the files on your computer and hit the upload button. I may have to increase security a little, but I'll see how it goes for now...

Library Upload Test Page

PS thanks to all the folks who've helped grow the HiFi Engine library to 800+ titles in just 10 months :thmbsp:

I up'd all the Marantz manuals I have some time ago. I had to buy them but I'm hoping it encourage others to contribute. It's slow going but I think in the long run it will be a great resource for all.

Well if the Vinyl Engine is any indication it will become an invaluable resource, the Vinyl Engine is simply fabulous. I keep thinking I must scan my manuals, no excuse now, I'd better do it.

DS

vinylengine said:
Tested from a Linux/KDE desktop using Konqueror, works fine. Congratulations!
I uploaded two user manuals for Yamaha tuners.
I have a nearly unobtanium user manual for a Yamaha Amp which I have yet to scan, shal upload that too ASAP.
Thanks for all your hard work setting up that website. :tresbon:

Uploaded three, grabbed one I needed.
I've got some others I'll upload when I have more time.

Thanks JaS and all who contribute!

Tom

Make this a sticky

Mods maybe this thread should be made a sticky with the link to vinylengine TT manuals included and any others where free manuals are located. One of these days I have a few Sansui manuals I'll ad if I ever get around to scanning them. Is there a file size limit? I tend to scan them at a hi resolution and the files can be rather large.

Thanks to Delcam1n0, Gigapod and Catrafter for testing out the new page (and uploading new manuals!). So far so good :D

Duffinator said:
Is there a file size limit? I tend to scan them at a hi resolution and the files can be rather large.

I've set a 10mb limit per file while I'm testing, but in theory 2-3Gb files would upload fine. I'm happy to accept high resolution scans, although I tend to clean up/reduce in size in photoshop/acrobat before adding to the library to reduce the bandwidth load on my server. FWIW it's easier to reduce a high resolution scan than it is to get missing data from too low a resolution :scratch2:

PS
Thanks to bastlnut and rmnd for the latest uploads.
I've now increased the file size limit to 75mb

Beta Upload Page

Worked fine for me. Nice service you provide. Although it takes time to scan and edit uploads the amount of effort on your end is greater. Thank You.

I just wanted to say a big thankyou to WBZ, Pianistocrate, Damage, Rmnd, NormQ, Bastlnut and Brent for the latest uploads :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom