High End Turntables

Discussion in 'The Cutting Edge' started by 4-2-7, Jul 7, 2015.

1. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

No, it was square.
    I used a router and created the 45* angle and covered that with the veneer edging.

2. MurrayLives

MurrayLives New Member

IMG_5262.JPG

It started as a VPI Classic 1, but I threw a 300rpm motor in (required routing out the hole a little bit and due to the geometry runs slow at 60Hz, which can be corrected with an SDS), and a Bob's 1:10/1:20 SUT. Amongst other things, but it meets the criteria, regardless.

guiller and mkane like this.
  3. Northwinds

Northwinds Huh? Turn what down? Subscriber

Only TT I would like to have is a Sota Sapphire but that will never happen and I don't have many years left to try to get one so my 1200mk2 is what I get to enjoy. When I am gone, hopefully someone else will appreciate it as much as I do

4. Condorsat

Condorsat Audio Enthusiast

[​IMG]

Couple year ago, I've seen one ... used ... at an audio shop in Cleveland Ohio. It looked like the picture above. Good looking table.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017 at 10:52 PM
  5. techguy0192

techguy0192 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I had one and didn't keep it long. I found the suspension system annoying as well as the lead shot weights. I'm not into stuff that requires tweaks. To know they are setup right they really need to go back to Sota for adjustments and do require new suspension components every so often. Otherwise, I think they are a good looking turntable. I really like how all the Sota products have been refined over time.

6. dcmfan

dcmfan AK Subscriber Subscriber

Am curious - what caused you to need to do tweaks to the suspension? Were you changing tonearms frequently? I haven't had to make any changes to mine, but I've left the same arm on it since I put it together, so I wouldn't expect it to need any adjustment.

4-2-7 likes this.
  7. techguy0192

The main frustration, for me, was ensuring that the table was level. Adjusting the springs was way more than my OCD personality wanted to deal with. I think the fact that it's a hung suspension design added to the frustration.

8. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

This is a show and tell thread and I just had a administrator clean up the thread one page back for thread crapping and members trolling for arguments. Start your own thread if you like trolling, this one is not for you. Well unless you have something to show that is on topic.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017 at 2:13 PM
    asilker likes this.
  9. techguy0192

You talking to me....

10. asilker

asilker Bible Reader Subscriber

Our mods rock!

Looking forward to adding a Thorens 124 to the thread soon