History Channel / A&E / Documentary - Music

Docs like these use production music; there is no album as the source of music cues that were used.

I worked for the production company that produced this doc, which is no longer around. Chris Stone would score many of these docs with his own music, all original, all exclusive music cues, much like the way current Hollywood feature films are scored. This show dates back to 1994, I believe. Nowadays, most music used in shows are sourced from production music libraries. Higher budget shows may be scored by composers.

Unless you are able to reach out to Chris, I’m sure there is no available source for these cues, unless he made them available to a production music library. His cues were so good, that is always a possibility!

You might do a music search through ASCAP or BMI.

Ran into something similar to this a while back too. Watching a silly movie Delta Farce, song Oye Como Va was playing, different version than normal, really a good version credited to Los Lobos. No such thing that I could find. Kind of odd that Carlos Santana was in the movie, didn't use his recording. But seems like if it was in productions like these there should have been a release?

Ran into something similar to this a while back too. Watching a silly movie Delta Farce, song Oye Como Va was playing, different version than normal, really a good version credited to Los Lobos. No such thing that I could find. Kind of odd that Carlos Santana was in the movie, didn't use his recording. But seems like if it was in productions like these there should have been a release?
Are you sure it wasn't Los Loney Boys?

You are correct. Still nowhere to be found that I can find. Really a good sound in the movie.

Oye Como Va Written by Tito Puente Performed by Los Lonely Boys Courtesy of Epic Records By Arrangement with Sony ...

Anyway sorry to walk on the original post.

You are all welcome to post any sound track you like or trying to find out if it's available to purchase.
My question has already been answered.

Back
Top Bottom